S&W M&P10 - From Stock to Not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101ABN327

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm. That rifle looks vaguely familiar... Wait! It's mine! Shoot me an email and I will be glad to help you with your project. I might be able to save you some duplicative effort and help steer you away from what doesn't work.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm. That rifle looks vaguely familiar... Wait! It's mine! Shoot me an email and I will be glad to help you with your project. I might be able to save you some duplicative effort and help steer you away from what doesn't work.

Holy crap! I thought the SN looked vaguely familiar when I saw the thread on AR15.com but I guess I glazed over the location. PM Incoming.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Barrel got dropped off today and talked to Dustin about another project that I have been holding off on for a bit. Need to put that approved ATF eForm1 to use but it will be a bit later on in the year before he can free up some time.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up my barrel from Dustin last night. All I lack now is the rail from Troy, which should be here this week. Hopefully I can take it to the range this weekend.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Notification that Troy would be shipping out their 13" .308 Alpha rail to me hit my inbox a few minutes ago. Hopefully I can get it together and to the range early next week.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up the rail on my way to work this morning and here is how it is setup now. Hoping I can get free this afternoon and see how it cycles. Will probably have to play with the adjustable gas block but will get it working.

i1132.photobucket.com_albums_m575_gabrielmkvigli_OSA_0401E2C6_3dcd2a06fb8ecb949eabe3f3085c8af8.jpg

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to H&H (I know, I know) and put 20rds through it; enough to get the offset sights zeroed. I forgot to bring the adjustment driver for the SLR gas block with me to work so I'll have to adjust the gas block when I take it out to zero the scope as it is a bit over gassed. I am really glad that I didn't mess with the gas port ahead of time. Hoping I can find a setting that works suppressed and unsuppressed but know that is not likely. I did have 2 FTF, light primer strikes, using Lithuanian 7.62 NATO surplus ammo that we had on the shelf at OAS. Both rounds went of on a second try. Not sure how I feel about that and I will be testing out other ammunition to see if it is the ammo or the rifle. Accuracy on the rifle with the Dueck Defense sights at the length of H&H's rifle bays was what you would expect, most rounds touching or close to. All in all, I am extremely pleased with setup and looking forward to getting it outdoors and stretching it out to see what it is capable of.

Also, decided to throw it on our package scale and came up with a few values.

Rifle, as pictured above (empty mag): 11lbs 0oz
Rifle with suppressor and no bipod: 9lbs 15oz
Rifle without suppressor and bipod: 8lbs 10oz