S&W Model 22 (45ACP)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The long DA trigger pull is something that I actually do better with and one of the main reasons that I prefer wheelguns. When I got my Oklahoma CCW I qualified with my Glock, just so I could carry semi-autos, but 99.99% of the time, I actually carry a wheelgun.

^^^^This! I qualified with a rental 1911A1. I carry wheelies.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this particular revolver is a dead-ringer for the 1950 Army Model, but was made about 15 years ago.

thumbnail_IMG_0289 (1).jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0289 (1).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0289 (1).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 66

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have a Model 25 round butt 2" (it has been too long, and I've forgotten what the dash number was, but it was a Lew Horton special). My recollection is that it was a pretty sweet shooter, and it fit nicely in the gun pocket of my jacket.

ira41magfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of those too!

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_IMG_2601_Small.jpg

22-4 Thunder Ranch.

I have the original slim grips, but for my hands the recoil was uncomfortable with them, so I found the larger Eagle target reproduction grips. Much better!
I have a Tunder Ranch as well, like you, didn't like shooting with the original grips. I have Grashorn elk panels which fill the plam nicely.

I bought some auto rim brass which I like better than moon clips also I found some polymer moon clips that are easy to use.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I miss my old 1917. It was a Brazilian contract that was nickle plated. Supposedly for their navy. I loved it. Was one of a bunch of guns stolen many years ago. Looked a lot like this.

1917.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom