S&W Shield Safety Alert and Sales Hold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is incomplete but maybe we can cobble together a full picture together. Here is what I have found:

- After seeing many posts about a rumored Shield recall or safety alert on smith-wessonforum.com the actual info seems to support the following
-- S&W has indeed asked stores to halt sales of Shields in stock (Academy in Lawton verified for me that Shields are on "sales hold" right now)
-- Rumors of a recall are still just that rumors - no recall has been issued
-- The issue appears to be related to the trigger safety spring in some Shields (do not know if it is a batch issue or a material failure or any further info)
-- As of 12:15 Local S&W's website safety page still has nothing posted for the general public

I will be periodically checking Smith's safety page and haunting the smith-wessonforum.com sight as well for any real info. If you can verify/add anything (besdie more rumors) please post to this thread.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Contributed by Itchyfinger

All Smith & Wesson Customers:
Smith & Wesson is in the process of announcing a Safety Alert relating to the lower trigger on M&P Shield pistols. We should be in a position to provide you with more details as to the scope of the affected pistols in a few days. In the meantime, please stop all sales and shipments of M&P Shield pistols pending further notice

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So ... I should stop nagging GC to get me one of these?? I mean "MY" list (which isn't that long, btw :() keeps getting bumped by "HIS" list (which is whatever good deal pops up in the classifieds, btw :D) but a Shield was one of the guns I've been wanting ...

Should I wait and just buy a new one after the first of the year? :scratch:

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So ... I should stop nagging GC to get me one of these?? I mean "MY" list (which isn't that long, btw :() keeps getting bumped by "HIS" list (which is whatever good deal pops up in the classifieds, btw :D) but a Shield was one of the guns I've been wanting ...

Should I wait and just buy a new one after the first of the year? :scratch:

I'd buy one while the price is depressed during this safety alert and if it works fine - you'r golden, if it needs repair you send it in for free repair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom