Saiga Rifles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airtractorfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently purchased one of these in 7.62x39 with a 20" bbl. The rifle shoots well with no jamming issues and reasonably accurate @ 100 yards.
Not bad for a $400.00 rifle in today's market.
The one drawback is the Saiga 7.62 x 39 will not accept a standard AK magazine without modifications. Surefire makes some nice aftermarket Mags for the rifle.
It is available in .223 7.62x39 and 308.

http://www.raacfirearms.com/Saiga.htm

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That same rifle was my first centerfire rifle. They were an even better deal at 185$ in 2001 when I was a poor college student. It was the death of many a coyote until it was stolen. I got sentimental and replaced it last year for 240$ at brigadoons with a 16incher.

If it was me I'd just do the surefires. They do have a good reputation and bolt hold open followers. I'm happy with my stack of factory 10 rounders though.

I didn't buy it to spend money on, but one thing I'm definitely looking at is replacing the butt stock with the factory "Skeleton" stock that is a direct bolt on replacement.

Congrats on the new rifle, hope you like it.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That same rifle was my first centerfire rifle. They were an even better deal at 185$ in 2001 when I was a poor college student. It was the death of many a coyote until it was stolen. I got sentimental and replaced it last year for 240$ at brigadoons with a 16incher.

If it was me I'd just do the surefires. They do have a good reputation and bolt hold open followers. I'm happy with my stack of factory 10 rounders though.

I didn't buy it to spend money on, but one thing I'm definitely looking at is replacing the butt stock with the factory "Skeleton" stock that is a direct bolt on replacement.

Congrats on the new rifle, hope you like it.

My brother put the factory skeleton stock on his Saiga 12. It's not quite as good as doing the actual mod, but its a little better than the original. I'm gonna end up modding mine.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great rifles, and easy to mod. Like Bob Ash pointed out, converting them to take AK mags isn't a hard task. I wish I had bought a buttload of them when they were cheaper. I said the same thing about SKS too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom