Satanic Monument At the State Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I understand it, the folks coming here were escaping religious oppression by the Church of England, that basically ran the government, similar to the evangelicals that are controlling the republican party at this time.

Some but certainly not all. The Virginia Colony was a nationalistic/economic venture some came to make/enhance their fortunes in support of the crown and church.
Many of the Puritans wanted a national church but wanted it ran their way religiously and brought persecution against others with them.
There were far fewer "Pilgrims"(separatist) and they had already found religious freedom in Holland but were suffering economically there and felt they were loosing their children to "loose Dutch liberal ways" so they then decided to come to come to the new world.

Many convicts were sent to the colonies until the Revolutionary War.
The Spanish and French also colonized parts of America.

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard a little blip on the news (channel 5, I think it was) night before last that some 2 dozen organizations were wanting to place monuments on the Capitol grounds now. We nearly fell out of our chairs laughing ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, we figure that within the next 5 years the Capitol grounds will look like some odd hybrid of the Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum and the "Biggest Rubber Band Ball in the World" tourist trap ... :D And let's not forget the car graveyard where all the cars are half-buried nose-down, butt-end sticking up outta the ground ... :naughty:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, we figure that within the next 5 years the Capitol grounds will look like some odd hybrid of the Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum and the "Biggest Rubber Band Ball in the World" tourist trap ... :D And let's not forget the car graveyard where all the cars are half-buried nose-down, butt-end sticking up outta the ground ... :naughty:

That would be the Cadillac Ranch - from what I've seen of the guy that runs that, well, let's just say I wouldn't take a Boy Scout troop out there....
Perhaps cars aren't the only thing?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So it's not just me?!?! :shocked: I'm waiting for this bunch to want to put up some kind of monument ... https://www.facebook.com/okfurries

I had no idea we had this many furries in oklahoma. I found out we have a large number of suspesionists (those people that hang from hooks). I met a bunch at a party a couple weeks ago and got invited to their next big "hooker party." Should be a blast

Latest posts

Top Bottom