Savage 10FP or Remington SPS Tactical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a skinny Rem sps .223 & a Savage m10LE the Savage easily out shoots the Rem .My Savage has a Choate stock not my fav but it works for now.The new Accustocks are pretty nice much better than the old tupperware .

Savage.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you said "top shelf" I'd say Remington...but only because of the availability of aftermarket stuff.

If you only planned to spend say, $1,000-$1,500, my answer would be Savage.

They are quite the shooters. Plus you can have a switch-barrel platform since you can swap barrels yourself. I originally planned on building a .300 mag outta the top one, but money kind of got in the way. If I ever shoot out the barrel of the tan 10FP, I'll switch the calibers and try something new. :)

Money gets in the way with custom builds when you're a full time college student who works part time. :nono2:

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_110la.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_10fp2.jpg

I'll trade you my degree for your rifles... :naughty:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what the difference is between one 1/2 MOA rifle and another?

Just luxury and status for the operator?

The difference becomes very apparent at distances greater than 100yds.

A lot of 1/2 Minute rifles become 1, 2, and 3 minute rifles. I don't consider a rifle to be a 1/2MOA rifle unless it can repeatedly make a 5-shot group of 1/2 MOA - I see a lot of 1/2 minute rifles that can't produce 1/2 MOA when I happen to be around to witness their accuracy.

Not accusing anyone in this thread of that - just seems a lot of range boasting happens until its time to put-up/shut-up.

Way to bring back a dead thread and welcome to the board btw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom