savage actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an intrest in building a savage due to the barrel nut feature. But have learned there are few different actions. Mainly to do with bolt spacing, accutigger/pre-accutrigger, and centerfeed. I know there is small and large shank short and long ect.

What is the best one to get? Mainly for aftermarket parts availability like stocks and such.

Not sure what i wanna build yet. Likely depends on if I find a short or long and what the weather is doing that day.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For my first build on a savage it was suggested to look at aftermarket parts I would want and see what was available for the various actions. I did so and settled on an 10/110 top bolt release non accutrigger (I think the accutriggers suck personally) did the same thing on my 6.5-06 build except I wanted the detachable mag I had the aftermarket stock inletted to work with the factory mag. Checkout savage shooters forum their FAQ section has lots of great info as well as the help me decide sub forum of savage shooters central. Furthermore even though you have to pay to see the classifieds some awesome deals show up there quite regularly. Great knowledgeable guys who have been very helpful to me. MoBoost is a huge savage fan and has a wealth of good knowledge as well.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom