savage model 10 fxp w/accu .308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked this rifle up pretty cheap, never fired bnib. Looking at some mods to make this a decent deer rifle. It came with a bushy scope, which is being replaced with a vortex or something simliar so im set on a scope.

What suggestions do you all have for mods? Only looking to put about $500-700 in it. Minus scope.

Edit: title supposed to say fxp. Autocorrect nightmares

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
finally went out and shot this bad boy yesterday. Can you say...'Kicks like a mule', I wasn't ready for it. And I thought my 30-06 was a heavy hitter.

Wasn't accurate out of the box as some have suggested, but after some adjustment I was able to shoot 1/4 MOA and 1/2 groups at 200 yards w/ 180gr Rem Core-Lokt. I thought about shooting with the Win 180gr I brought, but my head and shoulder hurt. Big fat crybaby, I know.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
finally went out and shot this bad boy yesterday. Can you say...'Kicks like a mule', I wasn't ready for it. And I thought my 30-06 was a heavy hitter.

Wasn't accurate out of the box as some have suggested, but after some adjustment I was able to shoot 1/4 MOA and 1/2 groups at 200 yards w/ 180gr Rem Core-Lokt. I thought about shooting with the Win 180gr I brought, but my head and shoulder hurt. Big fat crybaby, I know.

I had the same rifle in 300 Winchester Magnum, talk about "kicks like a mule"!

I think the synthetic stocks are too light and really makes these rifles pack a punch. I was going to add some weight to the butt stock but ended up selling it first.

I believe the "Great rifle out of the box" was meaning the rifle itself is accurate out of the box. It is common to have to adjust any scope when sighting in the gun.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same rifle only in the 10FP setup, only thing I did was scope (Burris TAC30 which may get sold to fund a Vortex PTS 4-16x50 EBR) and a nice Choate stock. That was it for mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom