savage model 10 fxp w/accu .308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same rifle in 300 Winchester Magnum, talk about "kicks like a mule"!

I think the synthetic stocks are too light and really makes these rifles pack a punch. I was going to add some weight to the butt stock but ended up selling it first.

I believe the "Great rifle out of the box" was meaning the rifle itself is accurate out of the box. It is common to have to adjust any scope when sighting in the gun.

I have filled hollow buttstock with play sand before - makes HUGE difference in recoil and handling at the cost of a bit of weight.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the "Great rifle out of the box" was meaning the rifle itself is accurate out of the box. It is common to have to adjust any scope when sighting in the gun.

yep, I mis-spoke.

I have filled hollow buttstock with play sand before - makes HUGE difference in recoil and handling at the cost of a bit of weight.

I might try that or get an aftermarket stock. sand=cheaper.

deli_llama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No mods needed. I purchased the same rifle, and just kept the bushnell scope. It suits my purposes fine. It shot very accurately out of the box. I added a Boyd's stock in forest camo, a metal trigger guard, and a big ball bolt handle. The mods I did were just for preference and feel, but since I like the way it feels better, I shoot it better.

Another mod for the tupperware stock is to fill with fishing weights, then lay epoxy over top. My friend did this with marlin .308 and it made a world of difference, and helped balance. I would say just shoot the thing, and be happy.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
finally went out and shot this bad boy yesterday. Can you say...'Kicks like a mule', I wasn't ready for it. And I thought my 30-06 was a heavy hitter.

Wasn't accurate out of the box as some have suggested, but after some adjustment I was able to shoot 1/4 MOA and 1/2 groups at 200 yards w/ 180gr Rem Core-Lokt. I thought about shooting with the Win 180gr I brought, but my head and shoulder hurt. Big fat crybaby, I know.

Think Past Magnum Recoil Shoulder Pad. About $30 or so. Worth every penny.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one of those waly world special model 10's last year. Threw on a cheap centerpoint 4-16 scope and it will shoot one hole groups at 100 yards with 150gr Hornady Superformance ammo. Took 2 deer with it last year.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one of those waly world special model 10's last year. Threw on a cheap centerpoint 4-16 scope and it will shoot one hole groups at 100 yards with 150gr Hornady Superformance ammo. Took 2 deer with it last year.

christ, I hope they weren't too close. I may hunt deer, but I primarily bought it to hog hunt. i want to make sure they are dead!

Latest posts

Top Bottom