Savage Model 42 Survival Rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My favorite .410 is my Savage/Stevens 30E with modified choke.
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_OrthodoxChristmas023.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_OrthodoxChristmas030.jpg

At 25yds a load of #6 and 00Buckshot.
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_OrthodoxChristmas027.jpg

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;v4ClhfFeI6Y]http://youtu.be/v4ClhfFeI6Y[/video]

Hmmm... that's better than I expected.

How do they get that kind of accuracy? The adapter is essentially the barrel too right? It doesn't seem like you can pattern the shot as he said because either the bullet is coming out of the adapter and not touching the barrel or it's hitting the barrel and skipping off it. I would think it doesn't touch the barrel which means the adapter is the barrel. In that case the barrel is only a couple inches and I can't see how it could be that accurate. My Walther P22 has a 3+" barrel and it's not that accurate past maybe 20 feet yet this little gizmo is shooting accurately at 100 feet?

Any experts want to weigh in on this? I'm confused.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
How do they get that kind of accuracy? The adapter is essentially the barrel too right? It doesn't seem like you can pattern the shot as he said because either the bullet is coming out of the adapter and not touching the barrel or it's hitting the barrel and skipping off it. I would think it doesn't touch the barrel which means the adapter is the barrel. In that case the barrel is only a couple inches and I can't see how it could be that accurate. My Walther P22 has a 3+" barrel and it's not that accurate past maybe 20 feet yet this little gizmo is shooting accurately at 100 feet?

That guy was the top shot season 4 champion, for mere mortals this might be a better real world representation of the accuracy by someone else(Keep in mind he's using a 5" longer adapter at a shorter distance in this video):

[video=youtube_share;1h4EjB13pZ0]http://youtu.be/1h4EjB13pZ0[/video]

I'd like to see what Chris Cheng could do with the 8" adapter.

Last edited:

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Even very short barrels are very accurate at a distance if you mount them in a vise.
The advantage to the 'short barrel' in the long gun is you have a much greater sight radius, what is happening is the long shotgun serves to stabilize the short internal barrel.