Savage Trading in Yukon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was in there once. The guy, I think he was the owner was as a very nice friendly talkative person, just like you would expect a used car salesman to be, or these days, a guy behind a gun counter trying to rip you off.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't rule out Big Boy's down just East of Mustang and on the South side of the road. They are even in the "s--l--o--w" process of building a range to the west of their store. We've purchased a few firearms out there.

I have gone by there several times and they have been closed. Figured out their hours and stopped by again, closed. They shut down for several days around the 4th of July. I will keep trying, I hear good things about them.

Last edited:

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't rule out Big Boy's down just East of Mustang and on the South side of the road. They are even in the "s--l--o--w" process of building a range to the west of their store. We've purchased a few firearms out there.

agreed, I also like mustang gun and pawn. But their hours of business are definitely on their time.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in there a month or so after Sandy Hook and they had cheap PMC 9mm box of 50 for $49.99. They had a LE6920 (basic) for $3000.00 . It is close to home for me but I wouldn't stop there to take a piss.

Coz

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More bad experiences at Savage than any other gun store I have been to. Took a gun in to send back to factory for repair and stood there for 20 minutes while the owner tried to find any reason not to. The best being that he had a gunsmith to look at it for me, I had to argue my reasoning behind wanting to send it to the factory for 15-25$ over having his guy do it for the hourly rate plus parts.
Was so mad that I forgot to get a receipt when I left, I came back 15 minutes later and he was highly offended that I should insist on having proof that he had taken possession of my hand gun and assured me that he was trust worthy enough to just take his word that I would get it back.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been a while, but I stopped in several years ago before I even lived in OKC. I also found the prices to be quite a bit higher than the market rate. I know most gun shops are a little higher than what you can generally find guns for online or FTF, but these guys were way high. Back when Mosin-Nagants were going for $70 I think they were charging $150 or more IIRC.

Someone mentioned Big Boys in Mustang... they are a good outfit. Every time I've been in there they have had a good selection and good prices. I remember during the '08 scare, I needed .22 to go to my first Oklahoma Appleseed, and they were the only place I could find any at a decent price.

Both of my experiences with these two shops were a long time ago, but they made their impressions... I won't go to Savage again, but I will definitely stop by Big Boys if I'm out in that neck of the woods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom