Saw the first "New" no gun sign today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A point to add, when reasoning with an owner/manager, is that illegal carriers/ potential robbers will continue to do whatever they want, but would be much less likely to pick a place frequented by lawfully armed citizens.

Coyotes don't hunt rabbits in a pen of pitbulls for obvious reasons. Their intent is to eat and not die in the process. For robbers, they seek money and will go where there's a good chance (in their minds) that they'll get away and be able to spend the money/buy drugs or whatever.

Brian- do you have a printable sign that welcomes lawful OC and CC?

locknload

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday, the fifth, I went to my local Arvest branch. I was disappointed to see a No Weapons Allowed sign on the front door.
They were one of the few, if not the only, banks that did not previously post any signs.

I asked the cashier, when were the signs posted. She told me that they were posted the beginning of the month.
Very disappointed, I was, to say the least! This was in South Tulsa.

nandb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When talking to business owners about their gunbuster signs see if the owners/managers understand that they can restrict oc without restricting cc. Businesses that did not have any signs beforehand, yet now prohibit guns altogether suggests that they may not understand. Someone give it a try and let us know how it turns out.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped by Fiesta Mart in Chouteau today for a pit stop. Noticed a new sign on the door. I was fully CC and late for a meeting so I did not have time to talk with them about it. They did seem to have a new crew in there, might be an improvement. I will get back with them about their sign.

Fiesta Mart in Chouteau has removed their sign on the door. They had many complaints to upper management and decided to take them down.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not fond of Eskimo (actually horrible) or Mexico (just as bad) but Italian Joe wasn't half bad.... shame.... looks like I will be making more homemade sauce!

I frequent Joseppi's,,,
It's actually my favorite watering hole.

I asked the manager about the new gun-buster sign,,,
Her reply was it was only for open carry,,,
Concealed carry is okay.

My reply was, "How in the heck are we supposed to know that?",,,
Your sign bans carry entirely and I know four people who will not come here anymore.

She really got wide eyed at that statement,,,
So I composed a calm-reasonable letter to the owner, Stan Clark.

She told me that their lawyer told them that's the only sign they can post,,,
I told her that their lawyer is an idiot who has no idea what the law is.

So anyways,,,
Maybe Stan will see the light and post different signage.

Aarond

TripleD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The circle K I stop at everyday decided to put one up. It's on reno and mustang road. Talked with the manager that morning and she agreed it was dumb and said and would pass my comments on to the owners. She also said she did not care if I carried, just as long as it was concealed.
Thats the same circleK where I learned that they stopped selling larger fountain drinks (44 oz was the one I normally bought). Clerk told me they stopped selling them because too many people complained they dropped them to easily. WTF? As far as I know its still that way. I stopped going there.

I did notice that the newer 7-11 on Mustang & 10th has a no gun sign. At the very bottom of the door, where most people wouldn't even look.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aarond,

Thanks for standing up and saying something. I admit I will miss their fare. Let's see what Mr. Clark will do.

I was also told that Sooners Corner Truck stop on I-35 in Perry posted a gun buster sticker as well. I have yet to see the owner...but will let them know how I feel. I usually eat there with 6 to 8 people in the mornings after duck hunting 4 days a week..... Not anymore!

Phil

bottlecap

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well visited my local Applebee's and to my surprise they have a new sign that says no weapons and it depicts a firearm and knife I'm very disappointed with this sign. Guess where I will not be eating at anymore?

Latest posts

Top Bottom