SB1733 passed the Senate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't read the entire bill yet.

Does anyone know if local municipalities will be able to outlaw Open Carry within their jurisdictions?

Thanks.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't read the entire bill yet.

Does anyone know if local municipalities will be able to outlaw Open Carry within their jurisdictions?

Thanks.

No, they can not. Oklahoma has preemption in all things firearms. This bill also adds protection so municipalities can not cite someone for disturbing the peace, public disorder, things like that just for openly carrying a firearm.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just called the Governor's office to thank her for her commitment to sign SB1733... and asked if there was going to be any kind of signing ceremony. The woman who answered the phone said she didn't know if any plans for a ceremony... that the bill was still on the Governors desk and that she had 5 days to take action. The woman said she would put me down on their list as supporting the bill. Apparently the Governor is getting [a lot] of negative calls. So do your part and call or Fax in support of SB1733...

Governor Mary Fallin
Local: (405) 521-2342
Fax: (405) 521-3353

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds to me like she's been in office for about four months and is already considering whether to break a campaign promise based on how many phone calls she gets. Might be worth pointing out to her staff that if she decides her promises are worthless this early in her term, well, we'll have good memories come re-election time.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahem. It seems like it was just yesterday...in any event, regardless of how long she's been there, she needs to be reminded that if she can't be trusted to keep her word, she can be replaced.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No, they can not. Oklahoma has preemption in all things firearms. This bill also adds protection so municipalities can not cite someone for disturbing the peace, public disorder, things like that just for openly carrying a firearm.
I have been searching through the bill for these protections and have not found them. Any help in finding them would be appreciated.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom