Scotch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, we've talked about this before, but maybe we need a dedicated thread.

I just bought a bottle of Oban and wow, not that I've had a ton of different scotches, but this one ranks high on my list, just awesome. This has to be heads above the others I've had in it's price range for smoothness, it doesn't give you whiskey face if you know what I mean. This is a highlands scotch, so it doesn't have the smokiness of the isley's, it's more floral/fruity and it has a nice mouth feel as well.

[Broken External Image]

Just finished a bottle of Laphroaig Quarter Cask, it was good, nice and smokey, but compared to the Oban, just not in the same league. The Quarter Cask also has a really oily feel to it that bothered me without a little water:

awww.klwines.com_images_skus_1015776x.jpg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oban is good stuff for the price. You might want to try Glen Salen. Its a single malt for around $10. Definitely beats the vast majority of blends.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started a bottle of Bowmore tonight.... I may be biased from visiting the distillery, but it has a nice smoke, but a smoother finish and not as bold as the Laphroig (which I also like). Overall, I can find strengths in all of them... Just love SCOTCH. :)

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have tried the single malts but for me, its hard to beat a nice double Chivas with a very little bit of ice. Having one right now.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm more of a Bourbon guy - I've never really given scotch a chance. I might pick up a bottle of Oban. Other suggestions for a newcomer?

Latest posts

Top Bottom