Scotch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aaron,

I keep forgetting to come by your place and get some of that Macallan

Does this mean you own a liquor store larkin?

Riddle me this, is it possible to get the whole barrel of scotch from the makers, not as an individual but as a liquor store?

I ask because I saw a Globe Trekker or Samantha Brown or something similar where the host visited a "liquor store" in Scotland and instead of bottles they had the whole barrel. The proprietor would then help the person sample each of the whiskeys until they picked the one they liked and then would fill whichever size bottle the person wanted to purchase. I thought that would be a sweet idea for a place here - if it were even legal.

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way the law is in OK, I am restricted to buying from in state wholesalers only. So if they don't offer it I can't get it. It really limits what I can offer and that's why you see all the same stuff in different stores.

That would be very cool though.

ETA- That would probably be considered an open container also which is not legal in a liguor store.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I like it - I normally drink bourbon and I mix it with coke. So I'm not used to drinking either straight. I'll have to get used to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom