Screen name origins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent 26 years in the Marines and flew the AV-8B Harrier II+. Considering that as Marines we go through Naval flight school and are designated Naval Aviators... I thought AV-8R would kill two birds with one stone. AV-8R being an AV-8B pilot and AV-8R being an aviator.
Thanks for your service!

Question. I saw an AV-8 land at an airshow. Upon the pilot leaving, they were all over that aircraft and one of them was on top behind the cockpit. He was using a gallon plastic jug, pouring what looked to be water into a reservoir. It was strange because it looked like he was pouring water into a radiator.

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for your service!

Question. I saw an AV-8 land at an airshow. Upon the pilot leaving, they were all over that aircraft and one of them was on top behind the cockpit. He was using a gallon plastic jug, pouring what looked to be water into a reservoir. It was strange because it looked like he was pouring water into a radiator.
That was the house plant they carry around in the back to make more O2

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long time Jimi Hendrix fan. Got to see him when he was in Tulsa. Also OSU grad in 1995.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for your service!

In layman's terms when they have to hover to land or loiter they fog water mist into the eng intake for cooling and increase air density to increase thrust ratio.

Latest posts

Top Bottom