Screen name origins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnut918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Catt was a nickname from High school due to my quick reflexes back then (sadly age has slowed them down significantly). It was given 2 "t"s to make it unique. In the early years of the internet I just went by Catt, but over time I kept finding the username was taken, so I added the 57 from my dad's 1957 Chevy Bel Air.

This isn't Dad's car. But it was a 4 door with the same color and trim. It looked just like this.
View attachment 427839
Buddy in high school had one like this. Standard transmission. Lots of fun in that car.

AV-8R

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Where were you stationed around the end of '90s and early '00s? My BIL oversaw the maintenance for these planes.
MC
Where were you stationed around the end of '90s and early '00s? My BIL oversaw the maintenance for these planes.
MCAS Cherry Point. VMA-223, VMA-542

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought our property in June of ‘98. Drove to the lawyers office in Colgate from OKC. Singed all the paperwork than drove to our new property at the end of a dead end road. As we’re driving through the gate we see a whitetail buck turn and run away.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!!!

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Former employer of fifteen years was a real tight wad. Would not purchase standard thirty six inch by one eighth diameter tig wire. Spent a month using (fighting problems with) some rusty crap equivalent found in the warehouse. It melted kinda trashy no matter how we tried to clean it first.
So the whole time I spent thinking "rusty tig wire".... Said it so many times it sounded like a name. And here we are. Hundred something hard to get to 2 inch welds with just one xray repair.
He always said if I don't like the way he did things I should start my own shop.
Every time I drive by there I flip those guys off and honk my horn smiling.
Rustytigwire.

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought our property in June of ‘98. Drove to the lawyers office in Colgate from OKC. Singed all the paperwork than drove to our new property at the end of a dead end road. As we’re driving through the gate we see a whitetail buck turn and run away.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!!!
Was the lawyer named Mowdy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom