Seattle Refugee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
As a former dry sider... Go Cougs!
GO COUGS!!!

WSU has the best drinking team in the nation.
God bless the mighty Palouse!

Welcome from Lake Lawtonka and the great conservative state of Oklahoma. Washington State is a beautiful place, spent 7 years in the Burlington/Mount Vernon area from late 90’s to early 2000’s. It was already going the wrong way back then.
Skagit Vally has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. 90s-2000s were the golden years for WA. Outside of the cities things are not too bad but Olympia has been clamping down with an iron fist.

Welcome to the greatest state in the United States! Hopefully you are a conservative and won’t vote for democrats. Even Oklahoma democrats are bad. This is a great forum to be a part of with alot of really good people.
Well I watched Democrats ruin my state, ruin my city, allow rifle wielding communist to block streets and burn cars and buildings. Dems destroyed my 20 year career, attempted to destroy my wife's business, restricted my gun rights and raised my taxes. That should answer my voting preferences.
Welcome to OSA! Spent some time there back in the day. I could see Mt Ranier from the top bunk on the second floor of the barracks.
Wife and I have been back to Seattle and Vancouver on vacation a couple of times, never go into the inner city of Seattle, just the outskirts and mountains surrounding both of those cities.
I used to see Rainer from my back deck... until they built a 7 story apartment building in a single family neighborhood.
I had a lot of good times on the mountain back when I use to climb.
Down town Seattle is a disaster, worse than what gets reported, I've seen things you wouldn't beleive.
What are some of your favorite restaurants so far? I ask because you are probably used to different dining options up in the PNW.
Sparrow is great
Zarates food is amazing never had anything like it
Tamashii Ramen is on par with anything I can get in Seattle
Cafe Icon has great sushi, chef really knows his stuff. Kyoto is good too but not as good.
Went to Mary Eddies recently for my anniversary they nailed the lamb and great overall experience

Braums is astonishing, like mind blowning..

From what I have seen Edmond/OKC really punch above their weight food wise. TBH Seattle's food scene has really went down hill, most of the places I use to go closed during the pandemic. The high end is really only a few owners with multiple establishments that are both expensive and mediocre and the middle section of regular restraints for regular people has been gutted. Also Oklahoma beef mogs on the PNW, like not even a competition.

Skinny Jean wearing man buns everywhere
tight pants = tight groups. Man buns are great, they instantly let me know who I don't want to talk to.

I retired from the Army at Fort Lewis 2011, moved out to the Lawton area to work as a civilian at Fort Sill 2018. I still have a house in Oly for the moment. Even though this is a constitutional carry state I would still recommend getting the OK carry permit since it is good in 37 states (it used to be good in WA but since you can get one if you are military and 18-20).
Thank you for the advice, my WA permit just expired

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Moved to Edmond about a year ago after experiencing the collapse of a major American city in real time, it was no longer a safe place to raise a family. I'm an avid gardener and beekeeper and really digging Peppers Corner. Firearms wise I'm mainly into modern sporting rifles and polymer handguns with a soft spot for milsurp. I for see spending slot of time in Stupid stuff.
Nice... Welcome.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you’re settling in @HillsideDesolate. Two restaurants I miss that are in WA State are on opposite ends of the spectrum. One is Anthony’s Home Port and the other is the Alger Bar & Grill which is a place you don’t want to be in after dark but man they had the best fried chicken. One thing I learned is lumberjacks are a pretty rough cloud. 😂😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom