Self checkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
FWIW - Lowe's tells you which aisle and bin # too. Home Depot is worse in my opinion, at least the one in Moore. They completely redid their self checkout area with new, big monitors and someone to assist so promoting not having a checker. I don't mind self checkout but not if I've got 15-20 items.

Heard there's a WalMart in Dallas area that has zero check out lanes - it's ALL self checkout. I refuse to self checkout at a grocery store when my cart is full thus why I prefer WinCo in Moore. They ALWAYS have a checkout person and will add another if the lines get too long. Yeah, crazy logic huh?!?!
I get it if you've got a lot of items. I normally used a manned checkout at Crest.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for not liking self checkout lanes at hardware stores, maybe those folks should go to the Ace and True Value stores instead. The last of those that I was in still did checkouts the old fashioned way.

As for in grocery stores, the wife and I prefer doing self checkout because the checkout people haven't a clue as to how to put the groceries in the bags properly.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As for not liking self checkout lanes at hardware stores, maybe those folks should go to the Ace and True Value stores instead. The last of those that I was in still did checkouts the old fashioned way.

As for in grocery stores, the wife and I prefer doing self checkout because the checkout people haven't a clue as to how to put the groceries in the bags properly.
Ace is the place for the helpful hardware man./ or woman. Trivia for $100, who sang that little jingle in their ads?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those that are mad because they don't get a discount for using self-check, the associates do not get any discounts --- even though they work there.

Also, at our store, the cashier/cashiers covering the self-check will scan your items if requested to do so.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The current self-checkout tech will surely be replaced in a few years. Palm readers are already being used in a few places. I wonder what happened to the idea of putting RFID tags on all items. And how long will it be before the floor drops away to funnel thieves into the holding room to await the police? Technology marches on.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I
So what point are you trying to make by not entering a Lowes?🤣

A man that lives in a glass house shouldn’t be chunking rocks.
No point, just don't like shopping there. Why go to a place you don't like when there are other options? Why do you go there if you don't like the way they do business?

Latest posts

Top Bottom