Self checkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. I ain't playing. I went to the Neighborhood Mart recently and took my basket full of stuff up front to check out. Not a single checker was at a register. 4 of them were standing over to the side gossiping and watching all the customers at the self-checkout. I pushed my basket over to them, stopped, smiled and said have a nice day. They were like oh you can check yourself out over there. I was like Nope, nope *****. I don't work for Sam. And my money spends EVERYWHERE. Later gator! The look on their faces! Lol nope. I ain't doing it.
The self checkout guy at Costco was flabbergasted when I asked for a discount if I switched to the self checkout line. He said no, and was really confused. I told him I would rather stand in my long line and have someone else check me out if I’m paying full price.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a pretty crappy thing to do though.

Not really. When I was a cashier we used to argue over who was gonna put back the groceries the welfare bitches tried to guilt us into giving them. I mean WHOLE baskets of stuff. It was an excuse to get away from your register, wander the store and not have to fool with stupid cjstomers. 🤗😇😎

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really. When I was a cashier we used to argue over who was gonna put back the groceries the welfare bitches tried to guilt us into giving them. I mean WHOLE baskets of stuff. It was an excuse to get away from your register, wander the store and not have to fool with stupid cjstomers. 🤗😇😎
Sounds like you weren't giving 100%. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. I ain't playing. I went to the Neighborhood Mart recently and took my basket full of stuff up front to check out. Not a single checker was at a register. 4 of them were standing over to the side gossiping and watching all the customers at the self-checkout. I pushed my basket over to them, stopped, smiled and said have a nice day. They were like oh you can check yourself out over there. I was like Nope, nope *****. I don't work for Sam. And my money spends EVERYWHERE. Later gator! The look on their faces! Lol nope. I ain't doing it.
If my wife hadn't been with me that would have been me and she knows it.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always thought if we check ourselves out we should get a nice little discount.
Did anyone ever consider the possibility that because of HUGE losses due to shoplifting, companies have had to go to using the less expensive self-checkout option rather than staying with paid cashiers, in order to remain profitable? If you hate having to use self-checkout then blame the shoplifters that the judicial system that no longer bothers to prosecute.

Last edited:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When me and the wife shop together I can only stand to be in a store for so long. When I get to that point I start pulling stuff out of the cart and putting it back on the shelves. 😁

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you come across the new self checkout where a scale is set up to weigh the bag every time you scan something and drop it into the bag? Talk about a pain in the butt! They have them at the Reasor's by us and apparently they still have a few bugs to work out because the one, and only time, I used them I had to call for help several times and I only had a few items. Apparently it didn't like it when I changed bags or maybe the way I was placing the item in the bag, who knows. All I know was it kept locking up and showing a message to call for assistance.
self check-out.jpg

That shelf area where you put your items after you've scanned them is a scale. Try putting something on there without scanning it and you will most likely be informed (by that machine) to remove the item/scan the item first. It also alerts the person overseeing the self-checkout area that something was not scanned.

Newer self-checkout machines can now tell the difference between items that need to be scanned (stuff you want to purchase) and items that do not need to be scanned (personal phone, car keys, purse, etc.) that were placed in the bagging area.

(I worked part-time at Home Depot for a couple of years as a cashier, to include monitoring self-checkout which was installed to cut labor expenses)

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone ever consider the possibility that because of HUGE losses due to shoplifting, companies have had to go to using the less expensive self-checkout option rather than staying with paid cashiers, in order to remain profitable? If you hate having to use self-checkout then blame the shoplifters that the judicial system no longer bothers to EXECUTE.

F. I. F. Y.
Loss of hand + any and all goobermint benefits + restitution 10x value on first offense and under $10.
$10 - $100, above + 100x restitution

2nd offense, both hands, benefits and 100 -1000x restitution and 1 hour / $1 community labor.

3rd offense = 3 strikes, of no benefit to society.

Soft on crime is condoning crime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom