Sell me on the Kahr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok... the old fossil is considering a move into the 21st Century.
I have been looking at the Kahrs for awhile.

What should I look for? 9mm or 40SW? What model is best suited for ccw IWB and belt carry.

Pros? Cons? Gotchas? Suggestions welcome... discussion encouraged.

~J

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own / owned a PM9 and PM40. The 9 had a recall some time back so if you end up getting one make sure it is post recall or had the recall already done. Other then that I could take em or leave em. It's just as small as a 9mm or 40 cal gets and super slim. If you want a super small auto it's probably what you want

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Get a PM9, very small but easy to carry and very accurate once you get used to the long trigger. I've got 2.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My CW9 fills the role I use to have for a Keltec PF9 (ultra concealable, single stack 9mm), but the fit, finish, and trigger is far superior to the Keltec's. The $100 price difference was absolutely worth it to me.

Not to mention they are very good looking guns.

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_kahrcw.jpg

rrd101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been carrying a K9 for about 7 years. Just love it it's a little big and heavy
for pocket carry. Never has failed me,feels good in my hand and points
naturally
I've had two good freinds try trading their glocks for it .

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at the P-9 and TP-9, but wound up buying a Kahr P380. I've never shot such a short barelled pistol that is this accurate, and recoil isn't bad even though it's really light (locked breech). Sights are good. My only compaint is the trigger. Very, very, long pull. Takes a lot of getting used to. If you're used to single actions, the change may be difficult.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not much for 9mm I went to h&h and rented the pm40 and found it to be too snappy for me, so I opted for the pm45, not snappy like the 40 and just as concealable. I bought the all black version with night sights. fit and finish is very nice trigger pull is long DOA always are but it is a smooth pull. very easy to get used to quick and very accurate considering the size. the mk series is not bad. all metal frame vrs the polymer frame of the pm series. my neighbors wife has the mk9 and she likes it a lot. it is a little heavier though.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PM9 that I'm putting through it's paces for when I can't carry a 1911. It's been perfect so far with various kinds of ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom