Sell me on the Kahr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdalover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had several smaller guns, j frames, kel tecs in 9mm and 380 and now i have a kahr pm9. Out of all of the other guns, this gun is the most accurate.

With the exception of the revolvers, you may have heard a variety of issues such as fte and overall jams. Small guns definitely can be a bit finicky until broken in. As well, they need to remain extremely clean and oiled more than their bigger cousin guns. You also need to manhandle the gun more to avoid any possible malfunctions due to limpwristing.

That being said. I have been more than pleased with the kahr pm9 in its quality of build, accuracy, and reliability. I guess i have been fortunate not to have any of the problems that some have written about all across the internet.

In your original post you stated iwb or belt carry. If that is the intended style of carry i would suggest the pm9 for sure. For one it is made better and secondly it comes with an extra magazine that is a bit longer and will give you a full grip on the gun for belt carry. You can also take advantage of the smaller, more stealth magazine for anytime you want to throw it in your pant or jacket pocket.

The only negative i have with the gun is in the sights that come with it. I don't care for the style of view that it gives you. That is just my preference and is only because i'm not used to it. If you are gonna go all out and get one of these guns, you might as well get some night sites and then you can fix the shooters point of view to your liking.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you fired one?

No never fired one. The PM is actually what I was looking to buy for a new carry gun. I fondled a couple at the fun shop and just couldn't get used to my pinkie under the mag. Tried the P and it fit just right.

To each their own, if you can shoot the PM then its much more concealable. But I just don't think I can shoot it like the P, and my P can shoot.

By the way if you shoot any of these polymer Kahrs much the front strap sure does start to eat you hand. I really recommend Accurate Iron to do a grip stipple, its night and day from factory.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have and I had the same opinion, also had several fail to ejects(it was an H&H rental so maybe lack of cleaning or something? still shouldnt happen though. I actually quit shooting it after about 25 rds, 3 fte's, and just not enjoying shooting it. PM40 btw, I want to try the heavier K40 though b/c I still love the looks, concealablility of the gun still...

I rented the same gun and had the same experience. lots of ftf and just too snappy. bought the pm45 and I am very happy. no its not a range gun. its is for concealed carry and I have put 100 rounds down the pipe with only one misfeed.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Kahr CW45. It's snappier than either the 9 or 40, obvisouly. But, I find the .45 more comforting to have on my hip than the other calibers. My wife doesn't care to shoot it very often. She likes her FNP-9.

I can carry this baby in my pocket and nobody's the wiser. It's a really good shooter with a super smooth trigger. Loaded with Corbon 165 Grain Pow'Rball with Remington 185 grain Golden Sabres in the back-up mag and it's good to go!

Would I buy another Kahr? Probably not. There are too many other handguns I want to try out before I give more money to Kook Jin Moon and the Unification Church.

ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_TDSA_kahr2.jpg

ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_TDSA_kahr4.jpg

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and if you get the Kahr CW model, make sure to purchase a Hogue Handall Jr. grip or similar slip on rubber grip for it. The CW Kahr grips suck. They bite and can be quite painful. The Handall Jr. is the best $8 investment you'll ever make.

I don't believe the same problem exists on the grips of the more expensive "P" versions. They look to be pretty decent.

-Maximus-

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, and if you get the Kahr CW model, make sure to purchase a Hogue Handall Jr. grip or similar slip on rubber grip for it. The CW Kahr grips suck. They bite and can be quite painful. The Handall Jr. is the best $8 investment you'll ever make.

I don't believe the same problem exists on the grips of the more expensive "P" versions. They look to be pretty decent.

I would do the same for the P45, it left a stamp of horizontal grip on my hand for at least an hour.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The grip, frame, on the CW and P series pistols are the exact same. Only differences between them are in the barrel, slide, and some mim parts. The handall I'm sure is fine, but a grip stipple is much better and will never slip off and can be made to your liking.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a larger caliber and you wouldn't mind the increased weight I'd say go try out a K40. I've been lusting over those for a while.

If it's 9mm you want, I'd suggest taking a look at either the P9 or CW9.

I have a CW9 and I absolutely love it. $200 cheaper than the P9 and every bit as good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom