Sell me on the Kahr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The company that controls Kahr is Saeilo USA Inc. Saeilo is run by the son of Reverend Sun Myung Moon of Unification Church fame. That’s the Korean based church that is famous for doing weddings like McDonald’s does burgers and believe that Moon is the Messiah.

They have been around for some time, I think they are harmless. Mostly.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The company that controls Kahr is Saeilo USA Inc. Saeilo is run by the son of Reverend Sun Myung Moon of Unification Church fame. That’s the Korean based church that is famous for doing weddings like McDonald’s does burgers and believe that Moon is the Messiah.

I believe his son is also the designer of the Kahr series.

I could be wrong though.

Michael Brown

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a P40. Like everyone says, looong trigger pull, but smooth. Front sight was dovetail as opposed to screw on the CW series. Concealed very easy.and accurate. Felt good in my hand at the store, but didn't like the way it felt in my hand when I shot it. All said, I think they are a pretty nice gun, but just not for me.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me, the P9/CW9 is the shining start of the Kahrs for serious carry.
Light and compact, smooth trigger, and the smallest gun with which I can consistently make IDPA target head shots. Distinctly easier to shoot than the smaller pocket guns, including my old friend the S&W 442.

As to the reputed souce of the money the son got from dad to start the gun busines, well, just remember President Jack Kennedy's father was a notorious bootlegger and rum runner during prohibition, starting their family fortune.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have and carry the pm40. Wish I went with the pm9 though. I think the light weight frame and short barrel combined with the 40 cal bullet is a little to much. It's not really a problem shooting rapidly at 10 yards or so, but its also not real fun shooting many rounds at one time. I think the 9mm round is more wise in the pm platform. JMO

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me the bottom line with the Kahr (the PM9 in my case) is that it is smaller and lighter than my G26/27 and I can stick it in my pocket, something I cannot do with the Glocks. They require a holster, something I don't want to use right now, it gives me back aches. The PM9 is well made enough to where I can reasonably expect it to go bang if I have to pull the trigger. I also own a KelTek 9mm that I just don't care for, mostly for aesthetic reasons, it is too bland, too cheap looking.
As for the Church owning Kahr and the son being the designer, means nothing to me, I only care if somebody wants to use his religion to kill me; then I get offended. I am the live and let live and do their thing kind of person and nobody bothers me. Till they bother me.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As much as I think the "Moonies" are a bunch of goofballs, I am thinking of getting a PM9. Besides, I heard that Unification Church is none to happy with the family's ownership of a firearms company.

Next question .... who do you recommend for Kahr in OKC?

oklajim

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just sent my CW40 to magnaport. I'll let you guys know how much "snap" it relieves. My complaint was I would grip it so tight trying to control the recoil, I would occasionally drop the mag. I did put a Hogue slip on grip on it and that helped, just not enough. I'm used to big bore revolvers but I must admit this one's a handful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom