Sell me on the Kahr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where to start... The 9's are the most reliable (i.e.: most problems are with the PM and MK .40's, and PM45). If you want a .40, go with the steel-framed K40, or poly-framed P40. The CW line has less machining work done on the slide, uses some MIM parts, and is much less expensive.

MK's have a reputation for cracked frames, especially in .40. PM45's are notorious for dropping magazines, and PM9's used to have a problem with peening, and PM40's are still susceptible to it.

I have a K9, PM9, and P380; and used to have a CW9. The K9 and PM9 have been fine out of the box. The P380 had issues during the break-in period, either not extracting, not fully chambering, or not locking back on the last round. Those problems worked themselves out, but required a replacement slide stop. The CW9 had problems chambering during the first 50 rounds or so, but worked itself out.

All are very accurate, but it takes a little bit to get used to the long (but smooth) double action trigger. I like Kahr.

Bottom line is: If you want to shoot .40, go with a K40. If you're ok with 9mm, go with the K9. If you want lighter weight, the P9 (or CW9). If you want smaller and lighter, the PM9.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a P9 very sweet gun, accurate as heck. I put novak night sights on it, had Oyller round off the slide stop and stipple the grip. Grip feels much better than factory worth every penny. My wife has been eyeing it thinking she is gonna start to carry it.

The PM is just too small to grip. Go get the feel of one at a gun shop. The trigger is something that you have to get used to, after a few hundred dry fires its good to go, like a DOA pistol or double action revolver.

The CW is right at $400 almost everywhere and its just as good a shooter as a P series. I would go with a P9 or CW9 it shoots much easier and hold more rounds. Check out their website to see differences.

PM me if you want some pics.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a K9 and a CW45.
Both are easy to shoot and accurate.
High quality manufacturing.
Very durable.

You get what you pay for.

I'm relatively new to Kahr but I'm extremely impressed with them.
Shoot I even have the NAA 380 that Kahr built the frame for.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of PM9s and both work great. I don't put a lot of ammo through them, I am not sure they can take it.
I used to have a little all steel .40 Kahr. That little gun was so accurate, like a target gun and completely reliable. Loved it, too heavy to carry I traded it in for my first PM9.
A couple of months later I met a guy at the range that was shooting my little .40. I happily told him that I was the previous owner and he responded that it was the worst gun he ever had. I didn't believe him and asked him to let me shoot it. I did, constant malfunctions, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I still don't get what happened.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my p380 so much im gonna trade my LCR for a p9. They take a little break in but are easy to carry and accurate. The p380 is great pocket gun. here is a pic with my lcr.][Broken External Image][/URL]

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of great responses. I own a k40 and p9 covert. I love both of them. I have not had a single problem with either. I carry the k40 everyday and the p9 covert on occasion, but it is mostly for my wife at the house. I love the p9 covert because it has the grip size of the pm series, but the barrel of the p series. Great guns, very accurate and very easy to conceal.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry my Kahr PM-9 in a pocket holster virtually everywhere I go. My Kahr PM-9 has been totally reliable and surprisingly accurate for a short barreled pistol and readilly controlable. TGhe 40 S&W version may be a bit tooo much for me ion terms of controlability.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you fired one?

I have and I had the same opinion, also had several fail to ejects(it was an H&H rental so maybe lack of cleaning or something? still shouldnt happen though. I actually quit shooting it after about 25 rds, 3 fte's, and just not enjoying shooting it. PM40 btw, I want to try the heavier K40 though b/c I still love the looks, concealablility of the gun still...

Latest posts

Top Bottom