Sell me on the Kahr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mebedd

New to the site!
Reaction score
I bought a K9 when they first came out. Loved it right out of the box. One small thing to overcome is the long trigger pull. No big deal to get used to that. Love the fact I can just stick the K9 in my pocket and you can't tell it's there.

Oklahoma Stronghold

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad has a MK9 and he really likes it. He carries in his pocket and you never know its there. Get an A-grip for it though b/c the grip is fairly slick. Also, you'll want to take a file and some 400 grit sandpaper to the slide release. It has very sharp edges. My dad says it is a great ccw gun.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a PM9, CW9, and a really sweet K9. Triggers are long, but consistent. They are smooth, but in a pocket carry or deep concealed gun without an external safety, I think that is what I want.

It is actually lighter trigger than my 642, maybe due to use? Very accurate, reliable gun. The only gun I have had that was this reliable is my Glocks. They are machined tight, and need some break in, but all of mine have been fine out of the box. I have run several mags through them straight out of th box, rapid fire, with very little issues. Out of the three guns, I think I have had 3 FTE during their break in periods, approximately 300 rounds per gun.

The only difference between the CW and P series is roll marks, some other cosmetic pieces, and the P series has a polyoginal barrel, the CW does not. They claim the P series barrel is a little more accurate, but I can't tell it. Even if it is, most of those guns are being used under 20 yards, I don't think anyone could tell it. That being said, I have hit paper plate targets with mine at 50 yards without any problem, and 3" groups at 15 yards are normal.

leadfinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr is a quality piece. I have about 500 rounds through my PM9, and about 200 now through the P380. Not a problem with either. Sure, the trigger is long and weighty, but it is smooth and easy to get used to. Very nice conceal in light clothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom