Selling your guns to a store, how far will I have to bend over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of a sale I made back in the day, on my local gun forum. It had a very unique history, but otherwise mundane milsurp that I needed to move to make some car repairs. I had the dang thing listed for weeks, and just kept bumping the price down. Finally I got pissed about it. Got my old lady afternoon drunk on a Saturday, and took some tasteful nude shots with her using the rifle to cover the necessary bits.
The gun was out the door within 12 hrs, but the thread went insane for like a week solid with a bump count into the thousands.
Forget about the steak, sell the sizzle.

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Big companies need to make money to keep doors open.
I have never had to sell anything ever to a pawn shop or other company.

Just post here and see.
Another issue is some people outfit a weapon to their liking with expensive name brand stuff and that makes selling and getting your money back a bit of an issue.
That's no joke. Everyone thinks that their buddies stipple job and that 50 dollar Academy light adds 300 bucks to a bone stock Gen 3 Glock 19.... kind of sad how things have got lately.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you got some Hi-Points?
LOL
Seriously, its all timing. I sold a Browning rifle a week ago on here and it took less than 6 hours after I posted it. Same gun posted a year or more ago (same price) never got one reply.
In fact I think it was more like 2 hours or less and I had 3 potential buyers who all offered cash in hand, sight unseen. It went to the first response of course.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got most of my guns for an inexpensive price. Black friday or guns people did not get to shoot good.
Or trades for guns they wanted for their kids.
I could get all my money back on all of them if I wished to sell them.

But I have never paid more than 600 for any gun that I can recall.
Most I have 100 or under 250 tied up in them.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago when I worked at a gun store and yes its been a minute , we typically offered 60% on better quality guns and for cheap guns it was 50% . No one will give you more than that it just doesn't make sense from a business perspective . The upshot was we would deal on used guns when we sold one and there wasn't any room on new guns at all . A used gun we were more willing to knock $50 - $100 off it or kick in a box of ammo , where on most new guns the that $50 was the profit being made .

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, like the title says, I have some stuff I need to move that just doesn't have demand around here. I don't want to put them up for consignment and sit on them for months, only to pay the store 10-20% if they sell. I figure I would just go and sell them somewhere. Bass Pro, Cabelas, maybe village tactical. How bad am I going to get screwed? Are we talking pawn shop 40% of street value screwed?
It really helps if you use some KY before you bend over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom