semi 12 gauge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First thing to fail on lots of guns is the ejector if its used enough.

Dirt, gum, improper lubrication, tons of things can cause failure.

The 1100 is arguably the most popular semi auto shotgun in history.
It stands to reason its also the most likely to fail by virtue of its popularity.

20 million 1100's out there.
500,000 Benelli M2's.
Which one are you going to hear the most about when it comes to malfunctions?

+++++ 1,000,000

That's what I was thinking, too. I have 4, the oldest is over 40 yrs old. NONE of them have been in a shop nor have I had ANY kind of problem with any of them.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stuck with my 870 express magnum with magpul furniture and decided to be goofy and bought a stoeger side by side. Just wanted something different, it's nothing more than a fun gun. Damn thing kicks like a mule. It's the double defense model. I left the goofy rails off and it actually looks pretty cool. Very sleek in all black.

Decide to be nice and took the extra money I had to spend and bought my step dad a stoeger O/U. It's a 26" barrel with some decent wood furniture on it. Nothing special, but he will shoot it about once a year, so it's all he needs. He was speechless and very happy when I gave it to him last night. Doing that for him was way better than spending all the money I had on a semi that I did not really need. Thanks for all your advice, but I think I made the right decision ;)

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone's looking for "tactical" and doesn't want to do a lot of mods themselves, Weatherby's are nice. The "turkey" models are the current window dressing:

PA-459 pump - MSRP $549
[Broken External Image]

SA-459 semi - MSRP $699
[Broken External Image]

I have the pump (in black, so paid a bit less) then added a +2 extension (Benelli Nova model fits), magazine clamp w/sling mount from TacStar, and put a Magpul L5 rail on the bottom of the grip to replace the one ATF wouldn't let Weatherby import with. As soon as I find the light I want to go on that rail, I'm done.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As soon as I find the light I want to go on that rail, I'm done.
Came across a leftover Nextorch TL1 - mounted it so that my index finger is "just right" to push up the momentary switch, so no remote needed. Of course it's designed as a pistol light so durability with recoil may be a concern, but it is bright and does make a nice round spot with the shotgun sighting almost perfectly in the center and enough spill to light up the rest of the room.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I stuck with my 870 express magnum with magpul furniture and decided to be goofy and bought a stoeger side by side. Just wanted something different, it's nothing more than a fun gun. Damn thing kicks like a mule. It's the double defense model. I left the goofy rails off and it actually looks pretty cool. Very sleek in all black.

Decide to be nice and took the extra money I had to spend and bought my step dad a stoeger O/U. It's a 26" barrel with some decent wood furniture on it. Nothing special, but he will shoot it about once a year, so it's all he needs. He was speechless and very happy when I gave it to him last night. Doing that for him was way better than spending all the money I had on a semi that I did not really need. Thanks for all your advice, but I think I made the right decision ;)

Sounds like you made the best decision of all!! That was really a cool idea taking care of family!! I've done the same for my dad several times!