Senate Committee Advances Bill Clarifying Open Carry Rifle Handling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My problem with is if you go into a store and buy a said long gun( say a used long gun that doesnt come in a box) and it dont have a sling on it are you going to get fined when you carry it out to your vehicle in your hands. Cause i have done this several times.
From any of the firearm laws I have read for this state, an unloaded firearm isn't treated like a weapon. You could even carry it chamber open if you wanted to be extra transparent that it was unloaded.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But how many people that is going to call it in is going to take the time to look at the bolt or even knows what a bolt is. Its not so much the leo seeing me as to the number of anti gunners that dont know and causes a disturbance calling it in or confronting you about it.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But how many people that is going to call it in is going to take the time to look at the bolt or even knows what a bolt is. Its not so much the leo seeing me as to the number of anti gunners that dont know and causes a disturbance calling it in or confronting you about it.
I guess? I cant really think of a scenario I would find myself in where I have to worry about that.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My problem with is if you go into a store and buy a said long gun( say a used long gun that doesnt come in a box) and it dont have a sling on it are you going to get fined when you carry it out to your vehicle in your hands. Cause i have done this several times.
I'm pretty sure that, if by remote chance there happens to be an officer in the vicinity, they will use a median amount of common sense, taking into account the circumstances (i.e. just left gun store walkling to vehicle).

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give a mouse a cookie...
Next step is do you really need to be carrying those scary long guns?
1645292329391.png

Of course not 😁

Lhecker51

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came from an oppressive state that cannot get enough gun control. How do you think it all started? Do not support this BS. DO NOT GIVE A NANOMETER! Gun safety is ALL about muzzle control and where your finger is. We all know this already. My point is never give in period and NEVER APOLOGISE! If there is an active threat in the area, I WILL HAVE MY FIREARM AT THE HIGH READY. I appreciate the police and absolutely support them. I have a forearm gauntlet banner in hi-vis yellow that ID's me as a responder and not the active shooter they are looking for. My job is NOT to engage any armed threat if I am with my family. My job is to get them to safety and part of that job will be to have my firearm ready to be in the fight. There is NO reason for citizens to be restricted in any way when put into a situation requiring active patrolling, just as any other LEO would do if patrolling a high vis event with AR's: Weapon slung across the chest and depending on the situation, hand on the pistol grip, finger alongside the trigger, thumb ready to move selector to fire. Now, for what we all know from what I have stated above, why in the hell is there a need for this? You know when a threat is a threat when they are bringing up the muzzle to engage. Until then, you are a non threat like every one else in society. This law is an infringement, period. This is how it starts.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I came from an oppressive state that cannot get enough gun control. How do you think it all started? Do not support this BS. DO NOT GIVE A NANOMETER! Gun safety is ALL about muzzle control and where your finger is. We all know this already. My point is never give in period and NEVER APOLOGISE! If there is an active threat in the area, I WILL HAVE MY FIREARM AT THE HIGH READY. I appreciate the police and absolutely support them. I have a forearm gauntlet banner in hi-vis yellow that ID's me as a responder and not the active shooter they are looking for. My job is NOT to engage any armed threat if I am with my family. My job is to get them to safety and part of that job will be to have my firearm ready to be in the fight. There is NO reason for citizens to be restricted in any way when put into a situation requiring active patrolling, just as any other LEO would do if patrolling a high vis event with AR's: Weapon slung across the chest and depending on the situation, hand on the pistol grip, finger alongside the trigger, thumb ready to move selector to fire. Now, for what we all know from what I have stated above, why in the hell is there a need for this? You know when a threat is a threat when they are bringing up the muzzle to engage. Until then, you are a non threat like every one else in society. This law is an infringement, period. This is how it starts.
I fully agree that one should be ready both physically and psychologically to confront an active threat to ones own or family member safety but your comment sounds an awful lot to me like you are just hoping and waiting for that chance to open fire on someone in a public venue. As a Vietnam Veteran I can assure you that there is no 'thrill' in shooting anyone, nor glory in taking a life. Best to find another way to get your '15 minutes o fame'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom