Sepreme law of the land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... While the chances of an amendment being repealed (the 2A, for example) are extremely small, it is possible. And it can be done without a Constitutional Convention. It needs to be proposed in congress and then ratified by 3/4 of the state legislatures. It happened before with the 18th Amendment.

The Constitution provides for a way for the Constitution to be amended in Article V.

Don't forget... Another method is for the "Sepreme" Court to make up constitutional rights out of whole cloth (e.g abortion).

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well...if you're gonna go on a rant about how important the Constitution is, maybe you should know how it works.
Sadly, very few citizens are familiar with the Constitution. I stumped a whole room full of college students at my niece's dorm down at OU with a simple question.

"How many times does the word 'democracy' appear in the Constitution?" I even offered to pay $10 - or to buy them a cup of Starbucks - for either answer... including or excluding the Bill of Rights.

One girl just walked away. Two guys made SWAGs (scientific wild-azz guesses). The rest just silently stared at me, brain-dead. No one even tried to quickly Google it. They were clueless and happy to remain so on that particular subject. Now, my niece is really p*ssed at me for 'embarassing' her in front of her friends (her mother, my sis-in-law, is mad as hell at me, too). Guess I can't win.

Last edited:

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sadly, very few citizens are familiar with the Constitution. I stumped a whole room full of college students at my niece's dorm down at OU with a simple question.

"How many times does the word 'democracy' appear in the Constitution?" I even offered to pay $10 - or to buy them a cup of Starbucks - for either answer... including or excluding the Bill of Rights.

One girl just walked away. Two guys made SWAGs (scientific wild-azz guesses). The rest just silently stared at me, brain-dead. No one even tried to quickly Google it. They were clueless and happy to remain so on that particular subject. Now, my niece is really p*ssed at me for 'embarassing' her in front of her friends (and so is her mother, my sis-in-law). Guess I can't win.
You did what needed to be done.
Sometimes the truth hurts a little all the way around. One thing for sure they will never for get it

Latest posts

Top Bottom