September Practical Rifle Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This Saturday, September 4th, is the regularly scheduled Practical Rifle Match at Oil Capital. This is our 3rd Anniversary! This couldn't have happened without everyones continued support and participation and it is greatly appreciated.
We will have 3 stages Saturday for a total round count of @40 rounds. We will also be having a Classifier which will consist of 50 rounds. I have posted a link to the Yahoo Group below which has a description of the Classifier. You can also print your own scorecards from the form in the file section, I encourage everyone to do so, just be sure you have them initialed at sign-in.
Cost for the whole Match, plus the classifier, will be $12 for non-members and $10 for members. Sign in will begin at 0900, walk through will begin at 1000 and we will begin the stages at 1030. Since it is only 3 stages, we should be done early and will all run the Classifier at that point. Last year we were averaging 35 minutes to run 18 shooters through the classifier.
If you would like to just run the Classifier, cost will be $5 for non-members and $2 for members. Those persons who just want to run the Classifier should plan on being at the range no later than 1200.
Set up for the Match will begin at 0700 for those of you who wish to assist (Your help is welcomed).
See you all There!
Dave
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OklahomaPracticalRifle/

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that we will not have any pistol stages this month since we are shooting the Classifier and I am trying to make everything more "Match Director friendly"
Dave

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Basically it is a Close Quarters Battle scenario match. If you are familiar with IDPA it is an IDPA match with Rifles. There are seperate "stages" (scenarios) that you shoot. During the match you can expect, right shoulder, left shoulder, shooting while moving, standing, kneeling, etc. Most stages will require a mag change so you can practice for when Murphy shows up.
If I can answer any more questions, please ask.
Dave

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you guys considering changin over to the IDPA 3 gun?
Not at this time. One reason is because one of the most popular, and least expensive, calibers isn't allowed- 5.45x39.
there are other reasons as well. But we have been rockin for 3 years and why fix something that isn't broken?
Dave

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not at this time. One reason is because one of the most popular, and least expensive, calibers isn't allowed- 5.45x39.
there are other reasons as well. But we have been rockin for 3 years and why fix something that isn't broken?
Dave

That 5.45x39 needs to be allowed in more rifle competitions. The USPSA allows it. I am suprised IDPA does not.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I followed the developmental discussions for multi-gun on the IDPA unofficial forum for some several revisions. I participated in the discussions on that site for several.

When the focus changed to the current direction I lost interest in it. Dave's Defensive Practical Rifle has a lot more going for it.

As Dave says, "why fix something that isn't broken?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom