She said YES!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats. It is worth it, most of the time.

Here are a few tips I truly wish someone had told me-

The whole "her family pays for the wedding thing"- unless they are loaded, that's crap. Pay attention to what she wants, otherwise you will regret it.

Maintain seperate bank accounts. Seriously, marriage is about sharing and all that, but one bank account tends to cause more problems than you can imagine. It's not that you don't share the money, but keeping seperate accounts makes it easier to keep track of your money and buying gifts for each other. This will save more fights than the illusion of sharing a single account is worth. Just set that up before hand, trust me it's worth it.

Marriage is a lot of work. It is a wonderful thing, but at times, you will wonder why in the hell you did this to yourself. Be patient and consider her feelings as well as your own.

Good luck and have fun!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations, and best wishes for the two of you. May you have a long and happy life together. And remember, in marrriage its the "we" that counts, not the "you" and not the "me".

Latest posts

Top Bottom