• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City Shop heater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a used forced air heater that's great for heating a large shop. I used it to heat an 1800' shop with 14' walls. It has a dial thermostat to set in 5* increments. In my shop in winter I left it on set at 40* overnight or when I wasnt in my shop. When I would come out to my shop, I turned it up to 65* and it came on and ran less than 30 minutes before turning off at the desired temperature, and then I was shedding my coat. Its rated at 120,000 BTUs. I used to use red diesel in it with no adverse smell or fumes. I was told to use kerosene or diesel but would get a cleaner burn with less smell with Kerosene. I found that red diesel was fine and at a much cheaper cost.
The last time I used it, almost 8 years ago, It worked fine and then it sat in my garage unused. Besides being dusty, it will need a new air filter as this one it old foam and it is deteriorating. I tryed to fire it up recently but after sitting with old diesel in it all those years, I think the fuel line to the injector is clogged and is easy to replace once you remove the top cover held on by 4 screws. That line could of also got dry rot and cracked. Simply a small 1/4" rubber or soft plastic line that can be bought most anywhere like NAPA or other auto store. Lowes may have it also. I was going to price it at 250 but since it needs a small amount of work, I'll ask $150 here. its worth every bit of that and it will heat a garage in minutes, or larger shop quickly.
Pic up at my house, 1 mile north of Mustang on County line rd. PM me if interested and I will send you my address.
1727732716848.jpeg

1727732735869.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom