Shotgun part help needed!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m posting a few pics of a shotgun I was given by my wife’s papa. I think he got it for free from someone years ago and gave it to me to be a wall hanger. But me being me i want to get it to firing condition. Looks like I need the forend and one hammer. I did a bunch of research a while back and I believe there is a cross manufacture with a stevens. I’ll try and lookup what I found out. Obviously if someone has the parts laying around that would be ideal but if anyone would happen to know where to find these parts it would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_7515.jpeg
IMG_7514.jpeg
IMG_7516.jpeg
IMG_7518.jpeg
IMG_7517.jpeg
IMG_7519.jpeg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No parts, but some info for you.

It appears you just might have a model 215 there.

Riverside Arms Company was a trade brand used by J. Stevens Arms and Tool Company (J. Stevens Arms company after July 1, 1916) on their economy line of products. The Riverside name was replaced by the Springfield Arms Company name in 1929.

The first Riverside shotgun was the Model 215, a hammer double barrel introduced in 1914 and based on the George S. Lewis patent number 1,086,376 issued February 10, 1914 for a box frame hammer double gun powdered by coil springs.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No parts, but some info for you.

Riverside Arms Company was a trade brand used by J. Stevens Arms and Tool Company (J. Stevens Arms company after July 1, 1916) on their economy line of products. The Riverside name was replaced by the Springfield Arms Company name in 1929.

The first Riverside shotgun was the Model 215, a hammer double barrel introduced in 1914 and based on the George S. Lewis patent number 1,086,376 issued February 10, 1914 for a box frame hammer double gun powdered by coil springs.

It appears you just might have a model 215 there.
You sir are a saint. Looking stuff up now

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Midway, Brownells, and surprisingly enough eBay.
If it’s a classic gun before 1996, it may not have a S/N as they were not required previous to that date. There are several other online sources that can be googled, but getting the proper ID on the firearm has to be established.
Edit: Catt57 has the ID covered it appears.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Midway, Brownells, and surprisingly enough eBay.
If it’s a classic gun before 1996, it may not have a S/N as they were not required previous to that date. There are several other online sources that can be googled, but getting the proper ID on the firearm has to be established.
Edit: Catt57 has the ID covered it appears.
I remember a loooooong time ago i tracked down what I thought would be a forend in eBay but the guy would only go down to $90 and I didn’t want to spend that much if it didn’t work. And no, he wouldn’t accept returns

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Catt57 so I looked up a 215 and it appears that would be the hammer less model? What are your thoughts?
According to my info the 315 was the hammerless version...

The most significant Riverside branded shotgun was the Model 315 hammerless gun introduced in circa 1914 and constructed using the features of the George S. Lewis patent number 1,136,247 issued April 20, 1915 for coil spring driven strikers in hammerless shotguns instead of the traditional revolving internal hammers

Latest posts

Top Bottom