Shotgun throwers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgerlach

New to the site!
Reaction score
I moved here from Dallas/Ft Worth and spent alot of time at a range in S. Ft Worth called Alpine. It's there that I fell in love with shooting things out of the sky with a shotgun. They have a decent setup with both manual and auto throwers (skeet, trap and sporting clays). What I liked were the manual throwers. You'd buy a box of clays from them and you had free use of the manual throwers.

Is there anything like that here in the OKC area? Seems like all I can find is auto throwers that you have to spend $ on each round. Looks like my only option here is to buy my own land and put up my own thrower.....

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skeet and trap is not a big sport in Central OK.

I go out to Silver leaf (its out between Edmond and Guthrie... follow the signs on I 35 for Lazy E arena). They cater to sporting clays.. but they have a trap skeet and five stand. I think they are a little spendy.. never see anyone shooting skeet or trap there... and the clays folks trailer golf carts out the that place... a little snooty for me.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ken at thunderbird range has a clay thrower and you just pay for the day and you can shoot pistol, rifle and shotgun. Plus Ken is a great guy and home to the okcfgst.

Latest posts

Top Bottom