Shotshell Hulls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do you all find once fired hulls? Recently bought a new (only to me) reloader and about to learn how to use it. Learned I need to find hulls and primers before I can start trying to chase down anything else though

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully someone on here will give up a big batch that they have been tripping over for years. Back when I shot and reloaded shotshells alot they were everywhere to be found for cheap or free. It became to costly to reload them these days unless you really shoot alot. Good Luck

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully someone on here will give up a big batch that they have been tripping over for years. Back when I shot and reloaded shotshells alot they were everywhere to be found for cheap or free. It became to costly to reload them these days unless you really shoot alot. Good Luck
That would be awesome. The kid got into trap and is getting a new shotty for Christmas, “family” is getting a thrower. Trying to midigate that $12-15 per box of shells

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Post up ‘want to buy’ or trade in the WTB section. You might end up with some freebies or really affordable hulls. I drug around a few thousand for many years until I gave them away about five years ago.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you all find once fired hulls? Recently bought a new (only to me) reloader and about to learn how to use it. Learned I need to find hulls and primers before I can start trying to chase down anything else though
It’s tough finding the premium shot shells (AA and STS) that have hulls desirable for reloading. At this point in time, most hulls you’ll find at the ranges today are the value pack stuff (not very good for reloading) or shot-out quality hulls. That said, a lot of people I know are reloading the Remington Gun Club hulls for 12g and 20g. They say they reload just like the STS hulls. The difference being a steel base instead of brass. Factory Remington Gun Club ammo is fairly easy to find and might be your best bet to develop a stash of hulls.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got somewhere around a hundred hulls or so I can stand to get rid of.
They are in bags. I looked at them this afternoon. Some were red, some blue in 12 ga.

Latest posts

Top Bottom