Shotshell Hulls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was me and i was wanting to get started i would grab anything i could use when i could find it cause some powder and primers are hard to find and you may find the hulls and wads but be months before the primers and powder even thou alot of it has started to show up in places and if you want to order online i usually use this place for my shot but they have the hulls and wads also. Shotshell reloading supplies, components, & accessories: Ballistic Products

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it was me and i was wanting to get started i would grab anything i could use when i could find it cause some powder and primers are hard to find and you may find the hulls and wads but be months before the primers and powder even thou alot of it has started to show up in places and if you want to order online i usually use this place for my shot but they have the hulls and wads also. Shotshell reloading supplies, components, & accessories: Ballistic Products
Ballistic Products is also a good source for 209 primers. You can buy up to 20K Cheddite primers. I’ve shot 1K or so Cheddite primers in my 28g this year and could not tell a difference from the Winchester 209 primers that I’ve used in the past.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you say that. I just ordered a bunch of missing pieces for the new to me press from them.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it‘s probably a crazy thought, but you could buy a few boxes or even a case of AA load ammo and shoot a few rounds of skeet or sporting clays. Ta da! You have once fired hulls and got have fun at the same time. :thumb:

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it‘s probably a crazy thought, but you could buy a few boxes or even a case of AA load ammo and shoot a few rounds of skeet or sporting clays. Ta da! You have once fired hulls and got have fun at the same time. :thumb:
That is actually the current plan. Unless I end up at el reno tomorrow after church acting like a trash panda.

I do appreciate everyone’s ideas here.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got somewhere around a hundred hulls or so I can stand to get rid of.
They are in bags. I looked at them this afternoon. Some were red, some blue in 12 ga.
If you end up near Okarche/kingfisher or wanna ship them I could gladly cash app you what u feel their worth. If you don’t wanna ship, and I don’t blame ya, I wouldn’t want too, don’t worry about it and I do appreciate the gesture.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pick up 12 gauge at the WMA ranges all the time.
I have reloaded the cheap hulls and see no issues with them.

What issues are you guys seeing with cheap ones?

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only problem i have had with the cheap ones is the final crimp but then im loading 410 and it is finicky to being with and im new at it also so it could just be me. 12 and 20 is to cheap to load for me right now since i usually dont go thru but a box every 5 or 6 year but i do have the presses for them if i decide to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom