Shotshell Hulls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven’t loaded a shell yet so I have no idea what problems I would have. The one concern I was told on another forum was that this is an old old reloader and that it’s resizing collet likely won’t do high brass or steel cases.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pick up 12 gauge at the WMA ranges all the time.
I have reloaded the cheap hulls and see no issues with them.

What issues are you guys seeing with cheap ones?
I used to be a lot more picky about hulls, but now, if it’s an 8 crimper, I’ll load it and have never had an issue. On my Sizemaster, even the cheap hulls crimp well at least a couple times.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a bunch, probably a few 5 gallon buckets full of shells, mixed 12 & 20 from the last Sporting Clay Shoot that we held. More 12s than 20s.
Some are the cheap plastic cases, but I think they all should load again.
I haven't decided what to do with them all yet, but if you want these, you would have to come get them or make arrangements to get them when I'm closer to your area.
I can take a picture if you want.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Streak, if it’s to get your kid into trap, I’ll go rummage through the trash cans at the club and grab a the decent ones. Usually plenty of AA, STS and Gun Club shells that are once fired.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mis-South shooter supply has Cheddite 209 ON SALE. Good primers, I use in place of Win.

When picking up hulls, beware of hulls using a white base wad. Look inside hull, base and hull should be one piece. Winchester Ranger and bulk are white base. Do not reload the base wad hulls.

Remington game load and Express (black or green) hull are same as AA and load very load. Usually can find these in trash cans.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a bunch, probably a few 5 gallon buckets full of shells, mixed 12 & 20 from the last Sporting Clay Shoot that we held. More 12s than 20s.
Some are the cheap plastic cases, but I think they all should load again.
I haven't decided what to do with them all yet, but if you want these, you would have to come get them or make arrangements to get them when I'm closer to your area.
I can take a picture if you want.
Your very generous, but don’t worry too much you and I are way on different sides of the state. I appreciate the offer but economically that one just doesn’t make sense on your end and I couldn’t feel right about that. Again, thank you though.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Streak, if it’s to get your kid into trap, I’ll go rummage through the trash cans at the club and grab a the decent ones. Usually plenty of AA, STS and Gun Club shells that are once fired.
She did get into trap, hence the need for a reloader. This $12-14 per box of shells was getting too me. And she doesn’t know it yet but she is getting a new 12 gauge and the family is getting a thrower for Christmas. Trying to get myself into a position where she can go through 3-4 boxes per week without making me broke or having to rely on wal-mart Atwoods actually being in stock.

If you feel like doing that I wouldn’t argue, but I won’t ask either. I would gladly pay you for your time and treasure, maybe even buy you supper and a beer if you wanted.

Funny part is I just threw away probably 150 AA’s and STS over the last 2 months during the 4H trap shoots. Didn’t know I would need them.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mis-South shooter supply has Cheddite 209 ON SALE. Good primers, I use in place of Win.

When picking up hulls, beware of hulls using a white base wad. Look inside hull, base and hull should be one piece. Winchester Ranger and bulk are white base. Do not reload the base wad hulls.

Remington game load and Express (black or green) hull are same as AA and load very load. Usually can find these in trash cans.
Thank you! Great lead! I have been trying to read up on different wad’s and hulls and primers and powders. In some way it seems more complicated than rifle and pistol reloading. Maybe I’m over thinking it.

The white wad base is a great tip. I have always been told to let the value pack steel cases lay as they are trash, but learning that maybe that’s not the truth and it has way more to do with the wad base. So confusing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you end up near Okarche/kingfisher or wanna ship them I could gladly cash app you what u feel their worth. If you don’t wanna ship, and I don’t blame ya, I wouldn’t want too, don’t worry about it and I do appreciate the gesture.
I don’t want any money for them. They were given to me so I’ll pay it forward if you want to pay shipping.
There are a lot more than a hundred. More likely 300+
Some like the 6 segment crimp federal (two bags on bottom) will reload but sometimes it gets ugly.
Two bags on the right contain about 100+ of double AA hulls mixed with some Rem rxp which are older hulls but reloadable.
Bag top left, has 125 once fired Rem blue magic hulls. Older but also reloadable.
You can have any or all for shipping costs.

0387C437-4618-4D93-9FE4-83E2B47DBE9B.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you! Great lead! I have been trying to read up on different wad’s and hulls and primers and powders. In some way it seems more complicated than rifle and pistol reloading. Maybe I’m over thinking it.

The white wad base is a great tip. I have always been told to let the value pack steel cases lay as they are trash, but learning that maybe that’s not the truth and it has way more to do with the wad base. So confusing.
I’ve never seen a modern shot shell I couldn’t pick up with a magnet at the end of the shooting session.
Don’t know if the bases are flashed with brass or there is some steel in the primer.
I’m sure they are already using magnets to police the hulls at the trap shoots.
If you need a good one for the home range, lowes carry’s one to pick up roofing nails. Sure saves the back.

7A77A2C0-5D25-4031-AD57-47DC98A52A6B.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom