Should some Oklahomans be exempt from the state's income tax?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel that retired persons should not pay income tax unless they are working, and then only on their wages. We already payed taxes when we earned our money and will again when we spend it. Personally I think we should do away with income tax altogether and go with a sales tax. No tax on food or medicine and high tax on luxury items like yachts, limos and private jets.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel that retired persons should not pay income tax unless they are working, and then only on their wages. We already payed taxes when we earned our money and will again when we spend it. Personally I think we should do away with income tax altogether and go with a sales tax. No tax on food or medicine and high tax on luxury items like yachts, limos and private jets.
Interesting how some folks are happy to tax and spend others' money.
What justification do you have for penalizing success, besides jealousy?

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting how some folks are happy to tax and spend others' money.
What justification do you have for penalizing success, besides jealousy?
It’s not about penalizing success, it’s about making sure that those who are less successful aren’t burdened with a higher tax bill than those able to pay it…. What I pay in taxes as a working man is money that goes mostly towards my basic needs. Clothing, shelter, etc

If you’re spending money on a private jet then you can afford to pay a tax on that

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not about penalizing success, it’s about making sure that those who are less successful aren’t burdened with a higher tax bill than those able to pay it…. What I pay in taxes as a working man is money that goes mostly towards my basic needs. Clothing, shelter, etc

If you’re spending money on a private jet then you can afford to pay a tax on that
Fellow over in Germany had that idea back in the 1800s. It's been pretty popular, but I'm against it.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have this movie on vinyl
Who has the popcorn???

454E8861-5632-4203-AACB-E3339B5F3E54.png

The process to lower one’s taxes was established back in the late 1700’s.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing is that if everyone, at the same time, decided to stop paying all taxes, it would actually work.

IRS and OTC can't audit everyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom