Should we get Reinvolved with Iraq?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This question can't be answered intelligently without asking two preceding questions. One - what are the consequences if we do and, Two - what are the consequences if we don't.

I'll throw in yet a third question: Do we want to fight insurgents over there or over here?

This latest bunch is even more extreme than Al Qaeda and is hell-bent on creating their caliphate, from which they will work towards conquering the world. The one saving grace with ISIS (the extremists) is that they are Sunni and Iran is primarily Shia, thus it wouldn't seem likely that Iran would sell them a nuke.

In one sense, I'd like to see drones overhead looking for convoys of pickups with black flags and then bring in the heavy aircraft. So the Iraqis have to rebuild a few roads, I don't see that as a problem.

On the other hand, one story I read told of Iraqi men of all ages, young to old, signing up to fight the insurgents. The only problem is that they wouldn't have time for training, so the aircraft would thin out the bad guys and let the Iraqis mop up afterward.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They made that answer easy when they told us to pack up an leave.

Yeah, we can say to them that they asked for it. It still begs as to when we act (see Terry's post). You can't hide from this sh1t. Give them a country, with all the money the oil brings them, and see what they do next. They won't just go away.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, we can say to them that they asked for it. It still begs as to when we act (see Terry's post). You can't hide from this sh1t. Give them a country, with all the money the oil brings them, and see what they do next. They won't just go away.

Indeed... we're screwed no matter what.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to Hillary, the 5 insurgents that were released in the prisoner exchange are not a threat to the US.

Just a threat to Afghanistan and Iraq, so we should not worry about their release.

And like manna, comes this story...

“He was also in Camp Bucca for several years, which suggests he was already considered a serious threat when he went in there.”

That theory seems backed by US intelligence reports from 2005, which describe him as al-Qaeda’s point man in Qaim, a fly-blown town in Iraq’s western desert.

“Abu Duaa was connected to the intimidation, torture and murder of local civilians in Qaim”, says a Pentagon document. “He would kidnap individuals or entire families, accuse them, pronounce sentence and then publicly execute them.”

Why such a ferocious individual was deemed fit for release in 2009 is not known. One possible explanation is that he was one of thousands of suspected insurgents granted amnesty as the US began its draw down in Iraq.

http://weaselzippers.us/189620-isis...ed-from-u-s-detention-by-obama-admin-in-2009/

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im tellin ya, let them hire our mercenaries. We are off the hook for the bill.

I dont care if Iran and Syria split that Country up. Call it Persia again for all I care. Let Turkey Saudi Arabia deal with them for awhile. Hell maybe theyll screw up and jack with Israel.

We dont need their oil anymore....let them create a great Taliban type country. We can blow it up later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom