"Should You Modify Your Carry Gun"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It most cases it is simply one of many factors the DA uses to allege that the shooter wanted to kill someone, they were untrained, walking around with chip on their shoulder, looking to prove what a great weekend warrior they are... etc.. Even in the cases where it was ultimately decided the police officer or individual was justified, the family ended up in financial ruin by the time the case was over.

This perception is what I was speaking too. It's the perception that Ayoob likes to pimp, but I doubt that it is backed up by fact.

I venture that the majority of lawful uses of firearms for self defense by lawful citizens, lawfully carrying, never result in a peep being said about their choice of trigger or other modification. Especially in Oklahoma with our current laws supporting the use of deadly force when justified.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Title 21 Section 1289.25

H. The court shall award reasonable attorney fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection F of this section.

It doesn't say as long as your firearm has not been modified in any way.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I don't mind modifying your carry gun.
But also don't go overboard with it either.
Such as say having like a threaded barrel and a large muzzle brake/flash hider, extended mag and slide release, red dot, light/laser, etc.
That's like a competition gun.
I can see having like say possibly a new barrel (not threaded), night sights, extended slide release, new trigger and at the least have it at 3.5lbs.
Now if ya wanna be an "operator" 😂 you can have a red dot like the Trijicon RMR or Leupold Delta.
That's all I think that should be on a carry gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I don't mind modifying your carry gun.
But also don't go overboard with it either.
Such as say having like a threaded barrel and a large muzzle brake/flash hider, extended mag and slide release, red dot, light/laser, etc.
That's like a competition gun.
I can see having like say possibly a new barrel (not threaded), night sights, extended slide release, new trigger and at the least have it at 3.5lbs.
Now if ya wanna be an "operator" �� you can have a red dot like the Trijicon RMR or Leupold Delta.
That's all I think that should be on a carry gun.

I'll defend your right to think/believe Whatever That is.....

I think theres just too many silly Rules for a Right that says ,,,"Shall not be infringed"

And mainly because the opposition Doesnt follow Any rules... ;)

Be that ne'er do wells or people that just think they know ..."whats good for us"

I believe carry guns should be ..simple , easy to use and meet your physical or other needs ( people with strength or vision problems).....Or what ever makes Your defense, best for You

I do respect you opinions... 8)....your well taught/informed

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll defend your right to think/believe Whatever That is.....

I think theres just too many silly Rules for a Right that says ,,,"Shall not be infringed"

And mainly because the opposition Doesnt follow Any rules... ;)

Be that ne'er do wells or people that just think they know ..."whats good for us"

I believe carry guns should be ..simple , easy to use and meet your physical or other needs ( people with strength or vision problems).....Or what ever makes Your defense, best for You

I do respect you opinions... 8)....your well taught/informed

True, and thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom