"Should You Modify Your Carry Gun"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj599

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
almost all things i did to my glock i ended up taking back off. I removed the ext mag release, it dug into my back the extended slide release would get bumped by my thumb when i was practicing and lock the slide open. all that is currently moded is the connector, lighter firing pin spring, front sight and trigger spring kit

every day carry glock 22 :cannon:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never ever mess with your trigger(I'm referring to lighting the pull weight). If the other side finds that you did, they can play it to their side saying you made the gun more lethal, especially if your being tried in civil court, even if you were cleared in criminal court. Good sights, and if possible use the same ammo(or close to it) the local department uses, it will all make you look more like a good guy instead of some street punk that was looking to kill someone.

If this is the line of thinking, what about night sights?

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have links to specific cases for which weapon modifications affected the case?

There are plenty of cases when even illegally modified or carried firearms are used in self-defense and didn't affect the outcome; people would get firearm law violations afterwards .. and not every time either.

Carry it safe, carry it legal; as far as modifications go - do whatever makes you feel more confident in your firearm and actions.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Granted there may not be any cases where a modification was used in civil court about a modified gun being looked at as being more lethal because of a modification, but I'm not about wanting to be a test case either. I'll just stick to a standard issued gun. With probably the only modification being night-sights, light, or lazer. YMMV!

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No need for mods, Springfield Armory did them for me with an improved version of my choice of carry for the last 11 years, the XD 9mm sub. The XD Mod.2 9mm sub is perfect, for me, love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom