SHTF Electric Power…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for my situation if i was going to plan on an indefinite grid down. for my house i would probably want a hybrid system with a battery bank and inverter that would supply the watts necessary for 24 hour period and 1/2 capacity then i would use wind solar and diesel to keep the battery bank. but before all of this i would measure all of my appliances watts etc and trim as much as i could. the battery will be the most expensive part but with improved tech not as bulky as it used to be. i recommend ya'll talk to mike bergey. most all of the ones i have seen lately are grid tie and you give away any excess production and are useless in a power out.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Underground propane tanks and standby by generators. Have a RV that is totally self sustained by solar.

Researching solar for a battery backup on a home as well. It is wild the differing Solar Companies out there. In our case so far about 90% are not legit, the solar panels the non legit are hawking are so inferior in many ways. The most important is strength to prevent damage.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what kind do you have..? lets see some pictures ...how are they wired to the house...
Lol I LOVE you!! 😂😂 Short sweet and to the point! (And EXACTLY what I was gonna say! 😂😂😂😂)

I keep thinking I want to try to add solar but I don't know ANYTHING about it and ... Well ... Talk to us! Like we are idiots -- well at least at me like I am an idiot! Because I am about solar anyway ...

We have a contractor coming out to out a generac on the house this coming spring (I know I know I know -- our power will probably go out in December and not get hooked back up until March with my luck lol) but ... Still ...

Thanks!!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol I LOVE you!! 😂😂 Short sweet and to the point! (And EXACTLY what I was gonna say! 😂😂😂😂)

I keep thinking I want to try to add solar but I don't know ANYTHING about it and ... Well ... Talk to us! Like we are idiots -- well at least at me like I am an idiot! Because I am about solar anyway ...

We have a contractor coming out to out a generac on the house this coming spring (I know I know I know -- our power will probably go out in December and not get hooked back up until March with my luck lol) but ... Still ...

Thanks!!

Good move! Pricey yes, but if a family can swing it, it is great to have. For years I pulled the mains out of the home panels and back fed a generator through the welding plugs from the shops at the homes we have owned. But it is safer to do it correct with a Auto Disconnect and a dedicated stand by as Generac.

Latest posts

Top Bottom