Shtf family logistics/movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s that book/author, but there was a guy making the rounds on prepper boards a few years ago telling a similar story that has been proven to be an imposter.
That is what I was remembering, but if you take everything with a grain of salt like our current media. Maybe it can rattle the gear box on something you hadn't yet thought about or are lacking in that particular column. Information however real or untrue can be a asset if used in the right context. Just say'in

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Survival of the fittest
That's a broad term, who in your opinion is not the fittest? Do children fall under that category, the people who spent years breaking their back building this country and are now well beyond their prime?
Or were you just making snarky?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You aren't going to collect insurance on a torched structure. Insurance companies are not in business to pay claims. They are in business to collect premiums and deny claims. Policies have terms to deny payments during civil insurrection actions....Trump Did It miracles.
I was being a bit sarcastic

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When 9/11 happened my wife worked in downtown KC in AT&T Town Pavilion tower. We lived 10 miles from downtown in metro north KC.
I was an environmental contractor on Ft Leavenworth and the kids were in high school 5 blocks from the house. My kids both decided to leave school and run home together when the 2nd plane hit. I had always told them if something bad goes down, go to the basement by the gunsafe in my shop.
I just happened to be at the house that morning doing reports instead of working at the Fort 25 miles from the house until later that day. When the first plane hit AT&T NYC had an outage and my wife ran home to work on some stuff til the outage was over and her project could run.
She arrived just as 2nd plane hit. One of her AT&T people in NYC called her and said it was war starting. ATT NYC was across the street from the towers. I bet it looked like it.
At that timè we figured select nuke targets for communications hub like KC and Whiteman AFB & Ft Leavenworth was imminent.
We were already somewhat prepper inclined. The family jumped in and worked together to get the basement ready. We had canned food from our garden and a freezer full of stuff and generator & fuel.
We filled up everything with fresh water including a wading pool for the dogs.
We had sandbags from our flood rain prep in 93 Missouri river flood. Lots of lumber, poly and duct tape. I had asbestos project gear for work in my truck so I had HEPA respirators and tyvek coveralls. In my gear was a Army combat engineer's book and we prepped the house as sensible as we could if shtf was happening.
Thank God it wasnt worse but these days I am glad my daughters had that experience and are now resiliènt onery adult women with skills and weapons. We talk about the Geoinsanity and our obvious government sellout regularly.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Survival of the fittest
That's a broad term, who in your opinion is not the fittest? Do children fall under that category, the people who spent years breaking their back building this country and are now well beyond their prime?
Or were you just making snarky?
I think he was being snarky, but he’s not wrong.
I think most kids will be alright, because they’re pretty resilient. However, anyone on maintenance medication is more than likely not going to fair well no matter their age or how hard they worked to build this country. If a person needs a special diet, that’s going to be a problem unless they’ve prepared (which I would bet most won’t have).
My wife is overweight, on maintenance medication, and requires a CPAP, and she’ll be the first to tell you that she’s probably not going to last long in the chit really does hit the rotary oscillator. I tend to disagree, because I think most if not all her “problems” are directly related to her weight, and I think once she’s forced to cut back on junk food and increase her physical activity her secondary issues will lessen or maybe go away.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he was being snarky, but he’s not wrong.
I think most kids will be alright, because they’re pretty resilient. However, anyone on maintenance medication is more than likely not going to fair well no matter their age or how hard they worked to build this country. If a person needs a special diet, that’s going to be a problem unless they’ve prepared (which I would bet most won’t have).
My wife is overweight, on maintenance medication, and requires a CPAP, and she’ll be the first to tell you that she’s probably not going to last long in the chit really does hit the rotary oscillator. I tend to disagree, because I think most if not all her “problems” are directly related to her weight, and I think once she’s forced to cut back on junk food and increase her physical activity her secondary issues will lessen or maybe go away.
Maintenance meds must be a scary thing for people especially those who take insulin.
I'm in agreement with you that general secondary issues for some would resolve with a bit of physical work tossed on them. Not to say that would be a cure all but for some it definitely would go along way.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those terms have been there longer than I've been alive. Can't blame Trump OR Biden for that.
While it is true that Trump can't be (logically, intelligently or rationally!) blamed for century-old insurance laws, regulations, and policies... that doesn't stop idiot Democrats [I repeat myself, there] from trying!

Any lie about Trump that even a single "low-information" voter might possibly believe will(!) be trotted out and shouted by mainstream media...

Latest posts

Top Bottom