sig mosquito

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The owners manual says to use high velocity ammo. It also comes with two recoil springs. Find out which one is the lighter spring and use it with the hottest ammo (most expensive) you can find and it should work. Don't overlube it cause .22 is very dirty and it will gum it up in a short time.

I haven't had any trouble with magazines.

Agree with Firecop. My Mosquito fired CCI the best.

I did polish the feed ramp and it worked great. . Called Sig about having them look at it,but never sent it.

I have since sold it.

Bassin'ForLife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my girlfriend's Mosquito, we tried the Aguila 60 gr. subsonic loads after having lots of issues with even the CCI, and it cycles them amazingly. The only problem is its particularly dirty .22 ammo and I've had to boresnake rifles/handguns right there at the range because the fouling got so bad.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats really funny is that Sig's motto is "To Hell and Back Reliability".

For the Mosquito, maybe it should be "To Hell With This Reliability" All kiddin' aside, sorry yours sucked. It was such a cool gun; until you started shooting it, that is.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the Mosquito, maybe it should be "To Hell With This Reliability" All kiddin' aside, sorry yours sucked. It was such a cool gun; until you started shooting it, that is.

Haha nice! Mine is horrible as well. It doesn't feed. I just keep it in the safe. My conscious won't allow me to sell the junk to someone else.

soonergto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife got one a few months ago at the gun show....a purple one....and so far we like it a lot. We have about 700 rds through it, all remington thunderbolts or bulk hollow points, with 4 FTE, 3 FTFire, and 2 FTL. Overall I am happy with how it performs and most imporantly she loves it. Approximately 1% failure on cheap .22 ammo is about what I experienced with .22 pistols in the past.

Also not a single issue in the last 400rds since I polished the feeder ramp.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My local gunshop quit selling them within a few months of their introduction due to the number of problems expereinced by purchasers. It's zinc alloy low priced 22 with serious problems. I would have hopes that SIG wiould have resolved the problems by now.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I got a good one. I shoot all sorts of crap through it and it just runs. I don't even have any issues with subsonic ammo... with or without suppressor. I will say that you have to clean the thing occasionally, but you should do that anyway.

L

Lfreeman152

got mine back from sig today they polished ramp and put a really heavy weight oil all over it went in shot 300 rnd of cci mini mage had three fail to eject all the way out the slide caught all three on the return stroke but 3 out of 300 is alot better than every other shell as it was before still dont waist your money on the mosquito

Latest posts

Top Bottom