Sig p938 help??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red 5

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hello, I am new here. I have a p938 with a really heavy trigger. Has anyone else found this to be the case? I would like to know if anyone has taken theirs to a gunsmith and what the results were. I am not comfortable trying to do anything past cleaning on my guns so I definitely want it done by a pro.
thanks,

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How heavy is really heavy? I have a P938, and my trigger breaks at around 4# after I polished it up a bit. I wouldn't recommend going lighter, but that's just me. Before that is was probably 6-7#. From the factory, my Sigs have had a ton of grease in the action and just cleaning and lubrication helped a lot. Otherwise, a good gunsmith should be able to do a trigger job with no problem.

While you're at it, you might want to look at replacing the plastic trigger with a metal one. I haven't done it yet, but they get very good reviews. Here's a link which also has an instructional video. Welcome to the forum.

http://www.partsproduction.com/Trigger.htm

Red 5

New to the site!
Reaction score
I don't have a gauge to measure the pull; I know the specs say it is between 7.5 -8.5. I just know that when dry firing the gun it feels like I am torqueing it just to pull the trigger. I'm sure I need a lot of practice to get used to it; but I also think I would like to go ahead and get it down to the 4-5 range. any recommendations on a gunsmith would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom