Sig Sauer P290 - Subcompact 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The grip panels don't look like they could be replaced with a Crimson Trace type thing. It would have to extend up and above where the cutout for the trigger finger is.

Maybe it replaces the recoil spring guide? I've heard of setups like that before.

E: Like this. Also holy balls those are expensive.

If you look, there is an iddy biddy rail in front of the trigger guard, that it states is for the laser. My question is how closely the laser "hugs" the bottom of the muzzle.

I hope this allows it to be slim and sleek, unlike the trigger guard ones you see on an LCP or Kel-Tec.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You suck!

What do you just stay on the lookout for cool stuff like this? I've seen more cool sub-compact threads from you than anyone else on this board.

You may have just cost me some money man. That thing is seriously looking cool.

I wasn't a fan of the LCP, the LCR, or the Kahr 380 (and I resisted the Sig P238 due to not wanting to get into .380), but this thing is going to end up in a holster owned by me very soon.

Good! Let's put it up against my PPS and write up a comparison.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks neat. I would love something a little heavier than the Kahr PM9 for such a small gun. Don't really dig the exposed hammer though. For something that small I think I'd prefer a striker setup.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neat looking gun, I wonder how much $$$ it will be.

That's the big question on everyone's mind. The P238 came out priced very competatively in retail stores (good ones anyways), but quickly jumped in price to what I consider too much.

I'll be catching this one early if it does the same thing.