Sig Sauer P290 - Subcompact 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very nice!
First Ive seen of these.

Bulbboy, the hammer is an asset, In my mind. Double strike capability.
Ill be surprised if the pull isnt pretty stout.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice!
First Ive seen of these.

Everyone on Sigforums is griping that its probably a trigger based on the P250 and not the classic alloy-framed guns. I hope not.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice!
First Ive seen of these.

You can have a double strike capable with a striker though, right? So long as the trigger movement does all the work and the striker is not preloaded/precocked by any slide movement? I believe this is how Kahrs work.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
You can have a double strike capable with a striker though, right? So long as the trigger movement does all the work and the striker is not preloaded/precocked by any slide movement? I believe this is how Kahrs work.

Nope, Kahr is like a Glock in that respect, the trigger releases the striker, but does not "cock" it, that is done during the slide travel. Neither have a second strike capability.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone on Sigforums is griping that its probably a trigger based on the P250 and not the classic alloy-framed guns. I hope not.

I've never shot a P250, but I've heard that for a DAO trigger it's not bad. What problems do you have with it?

I guess the ideal setup would be DAK but I don't know if they can fit that mechanism into a small package like the P290.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, Kahr is like a Glock in that respect, the trigger releases the striker, but does not "cock" it, that is done during the slide travel. Neither have a second strike capability.

The Kahr just feels more like a double-action trigger than the Glock, but both are actually "safe-action" style triggers where they actually do a tiny bit of "cocking" the striker pin and then release it, but neither can fully cock and fire the striker (watch the glock video - it draws back the striker ever so slightly before moving the fp block out of the way and dropping the striker):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e_3Ihpq9T4

The Taurus 24x7 Pro on the other hand, is a true double-action striker-fired pistol and completely cocks/fires the striker after dry-fired.

It can be done, but I'm with OlYeller - I like the hammer (then again, I'm a Sig fanboy :D ).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never shot a P250, but I've heard that for a DAO trigger it's not bad. What problems do you have with it?

Compared to the P228/P229/P226/P220, it sucks badly. Gritty, sloppy, and loooong. Its not terrible (not Sigma bad), but its not "Sig good" either. Lots of the problems Sig has had with the P250 were in the trigger operation and fit to the removable slides - I've heard one of the reasons for this was the fact that the triggers had more play/slop in them than Sig anticipated when designing some of the frames (that could be internet hogwash too though).

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The Kahr just feels more like a double-action trigger than the Glock, but both are actually "safe-action" style triggers where they actually do a tiny bit of "cocking" the striker pin and then release it, but neither can fully cock and fire the striker (watch the glock video - it draws back the striker ever so slightly before moving the fp block out of the way and dropping the striker):

Correct. But still, the point is that neither is truly Double Action.