Sig Sauer P290 - Subcompact 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Everyone on Sigforums is griping that its probably a trigger based on the P250 and not the classic alloy-framed guns. I hope not.

I hope so; the 250 trigger I can shoot; nice and smooth.
other sig-o-philes probably just like what theyre used to.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct. But still, the point is that neither is truly Double Action.

Well there we have it, thanks. I guess that is why the XD is just advertised as single action, as effectively it is.

I am not too concerned about whether it is a hammer or a striker, but more about the overall function of the weapon for it's purpose. That said, I like the heaviness and long trigger of true DAO in a pocket pistol (part of why I have an LCP over a p238, despite how sweet the Sig is), and the double-strike is nice. I just assumed Kahr had it based on their advertising and my (very) limited handling of them.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know a place near Tulsa where I can try out a Sig 250? (preferably not Tulsa Firearms) They're like $361 shipped from Bud's right now, and I've been rolling around the idea of selling off my milsurp collection to get a more modern carry pistol than my P6.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct. But still, the point is that neither is truly Double Action.

Sorry man - I was trying to agree with you on that and clarify (but didn't make it very clear in my post).

Hey, I just remembered, we need to hook up on those grips and possibly lunch if your schedule permits. I'll send you a PM.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope so; the 250 trigger I can shoot; nice and smooth.
other sig-o-philes probably just like what theyre used to.

Really? That's got to be after you did work to it right? If not, I may have to re-think my stance on triggers - I've only handled two P250s and neither had desirable triggers in my mind.

Maybe Sig has corrupted me into thinking their way is best. Nah, why would the most trusted name in firearms do that? :hey3:

Anyone know a place near Tulsa where I can try out a Sig 250? (preferably not Tulsa Firearms) They're like $361 shipped from Bud's right now, and I've been rolling around the idea of selling off my milsurp collection to get a more modern carry pistol than my P6.

Don't sell your P6 - take it from someone who regrets doing that very thing.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Compared to the P228/P229/P226/P220, it sucks badly. Gritty, sloppy, and loooong. Its not terrible (not Sigma bad), but its not "Sig good" either. Lots of the problems Sig has had with the P250 were in the trigger operation and fit to the removable slides - I've heard one of the reasons for this was the fact that the triggers had more play/slop in them than Sig anticipated when designing some of the frames (that could be internet hogwash too though).

Have you owned a 250, ez? I cant imagine calling it gritty and sloppy.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't shot the 250 (can't remember now if I've even dry-fired one), but if I could, I would make my 228 a DAK. The gen 1 SAS I shot was smoooooooth.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, you beat me to it. they are pretty smooth in my opinion.

more importantly, they are consistent.

You mean as opposed to DA/SA or DAK? Well it is an acquired taste and I can see where on duty or in a comp it wouldn't be desirable. But for ccw, I absolutely love it and everything I have is in that trigger save the J-frame.