Sig Sauer P290 - Subcompact 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't sell your P6 - take it from someone who regrets doing that very thing.

Wouldn't dream of it. It was the first gun I ever bought for myself so it has sentimental value, in addition to being a great pistol.

I just want something newer, with readily-available replacement parts and magazines that don't cost $lots for EDC and maybe IDPA.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one today. Trigger is similar to the P250. I like it. It has some grit in it but I believe that will work its way out. Its really small, on par with a Kahr PM series, but much heavier. I hope to get to the range with it tomorrow.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Sigs, but I don't like plastic guns, so it's not for me. Oh well...hope it works out for them and turns out to be good.

My next Sig's most likely going to be a P220. But...this tthread isn't about that.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Handled one at OAS. I was excited, left being remarkably unimpressed. DA did not reset in dryfire, so the reset spring was weak from the factory, or there is binding in the frame. Triggerpull was okay, tho' not nearly as smooth as my daughter's 250, out of box. In comparison to the frame size, the slide looks like a carrier's tower- waaay too big & high.

Probably a good buy, if you don't already have a micro 9mm, but not sufficiently small to replace my 26 or Seecamp. YMMV...

Latest posts

Top Bottom