Simple question - What is the reason for the restriction roll mark to LE and Military only on some Colt's AR15'?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have a 16 inch ban upper that has a reamed out flash hider that one manufacturer of uppers pressed over the stepped down portion of the barrel which would normally have been threaded to make it look like there was a flash hider in place . Those were the days indeed

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if they ever put bayonet lugs back on or if they're still neutered? I bought mine somewhere around 2012 or so and it was still neutered. I had to fix that "just because".

No. As far as I know, SA still sells their guns with the neutered flash hider/no lug setup.

Fulton Armory makes a nice replacement.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So lets discuss LEO only ammo.
The last time I was in a couple of OKC gun shops, there was a section of ammo that said LEO only. One had to have a CLEET cert to purchase that ammo. I was at H&H one day and tried on a whim to buy a box of .40 that was labeled LEO only and was declined.
Did a little internet research and still don't understand WTF is so special about that ammo.
It's nothing I can't load at home, has commercial bullets available to anyone and the velocities of the LEO only are not spectacular, just run of the mill velocities.
Just remembered being in a gun shop many years ago on Pennsylvania I think it was in OKC that had LEO only shotguns in a special rack. Maybe an 8 round magazine, nothing more than could be bought on the open market and installed on the shotgun. What was up with the shotguns?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So lets discuss LEO only ammo.
The last time I was in a couple of OKC gun shops, there was a section of ammo that said LEO only. One had to have a CLEET cert to purchase that ammo. I was at H&H one day and tried on a whim to buy a box of .40 that was labeled LEO only and was declined.

I have read/heard that the LEO restriction was put on the merchant by the manufacturer and labeled as such. How true this is I don't know.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's true. It's a manufacturer and distributor thing, not a legal thing. Many distributors and gun/ammo manufacturers require dealers to sign certain agreements in order to sell certain products marketed to law enforcement. Dealers risk losing access to those brands if they violate agreements. I don't know the ins and outs of why some makers do that...probably liability, real or perceived or otherwise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom